A X Dangerous X Watchdog

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures... Vast riches... Hidden treasures... Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands... The world "unknown" holds magic. And some incredible people are drawn to that magic. They are known... as Hunters!

The night view blimp showed the city lights below shining. Kurapika, Leorio, and Ayami headed back to their seats after grabbing food.

"Man, I forgot how great fast food tasted! It's been literally years..." Ayami said shoving some fries into her mouth as the other two chuckled.

"Why has it been so long?" Kurapika asked looking at her with drinks in his hands.

"I think Gon already heard from Kil but to put it plainly, a mission went wrong and people kidnapped and tortured me." Ayami said taking a second to see their reaction.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." Kurapika said with a sorrowful look as Leorio looked at her with shock.

"Don't be. Everyone has their own issues to deal with. And I've been trained to withstand most pains." She said looking at the two smiling. "But I'm fine now."

"Still..." Leorio whispered. "Going through that isn't normal."

"...I am an assassin. I'm not like you two so of course you think that. Let's stop talking about me. Kurapika." She said getting his attention.

"Yeah?"

"I remember you talked about the Phantom Troupe during the exam. A word of advice, don't pursue them until you think you can handle them." Ayami said looking out the windows of the hallways.

"How do you know about them?" Kurapika asked choosing his words carefully to control his eyes at the mention of them.

"A while back, my dad got a mission to assassinate one of the troupe members. According to him, he genuinely struggled to fight them but succeeded. I know I can defeat you in a fight with raw strength and my dad is a lot stronger than I am." Ayami looked at Kurapika who seemed worried and angry.

"I don't mean to discourage you. Simply put, you need to train to be close in terms of strength with those guys. Take it from an ally." She finished patting his back.

"You mean friend. And thank you for the information. I'll be sure to use it." He said trying to smile.

"Friend? Mm, no, your Killua's friend. I... I don't deserve or need to have a friend." Geez, I sound like Illumi right now. She paused before continuing. "I'm a terrible and dangerous person and I won't stop being an assassin cause that's all I've ever known. I'm doing all of this for Kil, because he has a shot to be good."

"Ayami-" Leorio tried to continue.

"Gon! Hey, Gon!" Ayami yelled as they arrived back to their seats but he didn't respond. He was just looking out of the window with his mouth agape. Ayami smiled as Leorio shoved a fry into his mouth. The three smiled as he turned up to see them.

"What's with that long face, Gon?" She asked.

"We'll be in the Republic of Padokea by morning." Leorio said sitting down and handing him a drink.

"You'll see Killua soon enough." Kurapika said as he sat down.

"Yep!" Gon said eating more fries.

The large mountains and greenery shined in the sun as the train raced. They had arrived in the Dentora region of the Republic of Padokea. They all stuck their heads out the window feeling the rushing and cooling air.

"Ah! There it is. Kukuroo Mountain!" Ayami pointed to a dark mountain.

"The base for your family of assassins is on that mountain? It sure looks creepy..."Leorio said resting his chin on his hand.