The new lady in waiting

Charles stood talking to King Henry about a recent mistress Henry had decided to take while still being with his new queen.
"Henry who is that?" Charles asked looking at the raven haired beauty that was walking in.
"Oh that is lady Katherine Brice. She is here to be a lady in waiting for Anne."
"Where is she from?"
"Ireland, this beauty was sent by her own father."
"Is he a nobleman?"
"No, just a knight. But he felt that she would learn a great deal coming here. I will say she is beautiful, you should hear her voice. The Irish accent is thick and beautiful."
"I will make her mine." Charles told him.
"She will be a hard conquest Charles. I say you wont succeed."
"Is that a challenge?"
"It is, a 100 crowns you don't succeed."
"Done." Charles said with smile. Henry laughed and smacked his back. Charles smiled and shook his head, now he just needed to find a way to introduce himself to the raven haired beauty. He watched as she as if  gilded across the floor and out a side door to the hall to the queen's chambers.
Katherine was led into Anne's chambers.
"Your majesty Lady Brice has arrived."
Katherine bowed to her. Anne walked up to her and Katherine kept her eyes from staring at her.
"Welcome Lady Brice."
"Thank you your majesty." Katherine said to her. There was again was normal within King Henry's court another party and as normal the ladies in waiting accompanied the queen. But were allowed to leave her side until she was ready to leave.
Charles noticed her across the room, he looked to Henry and smiled and stood. He walked across the room until he was nearly standing in front of her.
"Lady Brice."
"Your grace." She said bowing to him.
"Will you do me the honor of this dance?"
"Yes." She answered taking his offered hand.
"You are beautiful." Charles whispered as they danced along with others.
"Thank your grace."
"My name is Charles, if you prefer."
"You are a noble I am but a lady in waiting to the queen."
"I did not start a noble. I gained the title by the kings favor. Nothing more."
Katherine looked up and noticed that the music had stopped so she turned bowed slightly and started to return to where she had been standing.
"Please remain."
"Your grace?" Katherine asked stopping and looking at him.
"I wish to get to know you."
"I will not join you in your bed if you feel that is your goal this night." She told him matter factly.
"Not my intent my lady." Charles said to her. Katherine looked to see the queen standing.
"Good evening your grace." Katherine said to him. She bowed slightly and headed to follow Anne from the room, Henry walked up and walked up to him.
"You did not win Charles."
"I am not done yet. She is as stubborn as one would expect of one from Ireland. But I will win over that Irish beauty."
"Good luck Charles it should be good sport to see you try."
"The only obstacle I will have would be the queen. She does dislike me and calling to court one of her ladies would be hard."
"Then I will have her changed to a lady of the court. She will remain here but not serve the queen."
"Would that not anger Anne?"
"I am the king she knows better than to protest."
"Then I will try again tomorrow Henry."
"Good luck."
Katherine walked into the queen's chambers and instantly got scolded.
"Why were you talking to Duke Brandon?"
"He approached me your majesty."
"You will not have contact with him any longer."
"Yes, your majesty." Katherine answered, her voice shaking just a bit.
She walked in the halls the next day and was approached by Charles.
"May we speak?"
"I have been forbidden from speaking to you your grace." Katherine said to him. Charles was confused by this but stepped aside to allow the ladies to pass. He would try again another day, he would try everyday if need be, he wanted to speak to her win her, but being in the service of Anne would make it more difficult as Anne hated him but the feeling was mutual he had no love for her either.