Her Recovery

Charles prayed and he prayed allot, he sat down at the bedside of his dear wife, he couldn't lose another wife to sickness.
"Your grace."
"Yes?" He said never really moving.
"His majesty is here."
"I'll be right there." Charles said, he stood leaned forward and kissed her forehead.
"I'll be back." He whispered before leaving the room.
"Charles."
"Your majesty."
"I was told what happened, how is she doing?"
"The fever is down but she has yet to wake."
"What happened?"
"I don't know. She was fine and then. Henry I can't lose another one to illness."
"You won't she's strong."
"I hope so. My children need her. I need her."
"Send word if anything changes."
"I will, thank you Henry." He told him. Charles nodded and headed back to the room with Katherine.
Charles woke to someone touching his arm, he opened his eyes thinking it was his young son, to find it wasnt and lifted his head and looked to see Katherine looking back at him.
"Katherine."
"Charles." She said to him, he touched her face softly and kissed her hand.
"You scared me."
"What happened?"
"It was nothing, you're fine now." Charles told her, he could see she was still very tired.
"Charles, you look worried. What happened?"
"You had an infection, we weren't sure you would wake."
"Oh, I'm awake now."
"Yes and you still need rest."
"I know. How are the kids?"
"They are fine." He told her calmly, he knew they were fine and she would want to see the baby.
"Come rest with me." She said to him. He nodded and lay next to her pulling her into his arms, as he started to fall asleep he felt a small movement on the bed and his son Edward climb onto the bed with them. Katherine moved so he could lay between them. Charles held them closer and finally drifted off to sleep. Hours later they woke again and Katherine was sitting in a chair holding her baby.
"Well your feeling a little better."
"Yeah, our daughter needed to be fed."
"You look happy to be holding her."
"I am. I love you Charles."
"I love you too, we will wait a few days and go to court."
"I would like to be back at court."
"I know."
Charles smiled as he watched Edward walk over lean down and kiss Celia on the forehead.
"You are going to be a wonderful big brother."
Katherine handed Celia to the nanny and sighed as she stood. Charles walked over and pulled her into his arms, he kissed her lightly and then led her to the other room. He knew she had to be hungry by now and he knew the staff had made food.