The first scare

Katherine smiled as she looked up to see Charles enter the room. Charles looked at her and was concerned, she looked sick. His beautiful daughter lay in her small basinette cooing.
"Isn't she lovely?"
"She is, as is her mother. Have you been sleeping my love?"
"Barely but yes."
"Do you feel well?"
"I am just tired. There is nothing to worry about." She told him, to his horror her eyes rolled back and her entire body began to shake.
"Fetch the physician now."
"Yes your grace."
Charles reached for his wife as she had finally stopped shaking, she didn't open her eyes but her breathing was ragged and shallow. He held her hand and touched her face.
"Fetch me some cool water and a cloth."
"Yes your grace."
Charles waited and was finally handed a water basin and a cloth to use to wipe Katherine's forehead.
"What is wrong your grace?"
"She is running a fever. Please take the baby and move her to the nursery."
"Yes your grace."
Charles looked up as the physician entered the room.
"What has happened?" He asked Charles.
"She began shaking. She seems to be hot with fever."
The physician moved to the bedside and Charles moved aside giving him room to work. Charles finally stepped from the room, he looked up as the physician exited the room.
"How is she?"
"She has gained an infection. It is now up to her and her body to fight it."
"You can not bleed her?"
"Due to her just giving birth. I would not suggest it. Let her rest and if she seems to get worse have one of your servants fetch me."
"Yes, thank you." Charles said to him. The physician left and Charles entered the room where is wife lay. He feared he might loose her that very day.
"Go tell the king of what has happened."
"Yes your grace."
Charles walked into the room and sat down, he could lose her he had already lost one wife due to illness he couldn't lose another.