Queens Revenge

Katherine knew that now that she wasn't a lady in waiting for the queen did not mean she would not be angry enough to make her life miserable. But she also knew that she now had someone that would protect her. Now she had time to get to know Charles Brandon. She wanted to get past the rumors of who he was, maybe he was more than what they claimed. But little did she know the queen and her father had other plans. Katherine readied herself for the day, she pulled an emerald green dress from her wardrobe, she heard a knock at the door and a young woman entered.
"Yes?" Katherine asked coming from her room.
"The king has ordered that I help you as best I can my lady."
"Truly?"
"Yes my lady."
"Thank you then. I appreciate the assistance."
"Your welcome my lady."
Katherine returned to her room to finish dressing, she turned to see the young woman walk in to help her finish, which she was happy for the help. The dress did require extra hands to lace the back of the bodice. Katherine sat down to fix her long raven colored hair, again the young woman helped.
"What is your name?" Katherine asked.
"Justina, my lady."
"I welcome your help Justina. You may call me Katherine."
"Alright my lady, I mean Katherine."
Once Katherine was ready she stood and looked at Jusina."
"You may go Justina."
"As you wish, I will return later to help you."
"Thank you."
Katherine stepped from the room and looked around, she wanted to see the gardens that everyone had spoke about. She stepped outside the sun was shining and she could hear birds chirping. She walked the garden alone as she just enjoyed being outside. She walked toward a large grove of trees, she turned when she heard a noise and several men she had never seen before stepped out and advanced toward her.
"Is there something you needed?"
"No, we are here on orders." Was the only answer she was given as two grabbed her arms and pushed her to the ground.
Her scream was heard echoing the garden, the men tried to silence her screams but they heard people running toward them. They ran from Katherine, leaving her sobbing on the ground holding close her now torn dress. Her eyes cast upward as she heard the footsteps stop before her, now the king and Charles and two guards stood in front of her. Charles removed his outer coat and draped it over her.
"My lady what happened?"
Katherine was shook up, she cried softly.
"I don't know who they were but they said they were on orders your majesty." Katherine answered trying to keep her voice steady. Henry almost seemed to know who had caused this.
"Charles escort Lady Brice to her chambers. Stay with her."
"Yes Henry I will, come my lady." Charles said helping Katherine from the garden. Henry went the other way with two guards following him. Charles walked into Katherine's chambers with her, turned as Justina followed them in. She gasped when she saw Katherine.
"Draw her a bath. And help her change. Report to me any and all bruises upon her body."
"Yes your grace."
Katherine had yet to release her hold on Charles, he turned to leave but she wouldn't let go.
"My lady?"
"Please don't go."
"If that is what you wish I will remain."
"Thank you." Katherine said, she felt Justina touch her arm and lead her from the room. Charles sat down and looked at the fire, he in his own mind knew who had ordered this but could not prove it. Justina stepped back into the room.
"Your grace are you reporting this to his majesty?"
"I will be yes."
"She has a great deal of bruises and scratches."
"I will inform the king."
"Let Lady Katherine know I shall return."
"Yes your grace."
Charles stood and left the chambers. He needed to find Henry. Charles had yet to be alone with Katherine and so far he had seen her cry at least twice and assaulted as many times. All because she had spoken to him. The queens anger knew no bounds and Katherine barely knew him so blaming her for just speaking to him was wrong. Henry came walking down the long hallway and stopped when he saw Charles.
"Charles, how is Lady Brice?"
"Scared. Bruised, Henry I am unsure why anyone would take out on her the knowledge of trying to know me."
"They won't any longer."
"I will remain by her side for as long as she will allow, are you going to send her back to her father?"
"No, if she returns home, it would be a shame upon her family. She will remain here. I have ordered a guard to be with her always."
"I think she would appreciate that. I will return to her before she comes from the bath I had her own lady to get her into."
"Let Lady Brice know I will come see her later to see how she is feeling."
"I will let her know." Charles said to him, he bowed to Henry and turned and walked back to Katherine's chambers.
Charles knocked and walked in, Justina looked up and bowed slightly.
"Your grace."
"Where is she?"
"She will be out shortly."
Charles nodded and walked over to the chairs by the fireplace, he looked at the fire trying to make sense of what happened. He looked up as Katherine entered the room.
"My lady."
"Your grace." She answered, her voice still shaking. She walked to him and it seemed that he held is arms opened and held her as she cried.