A wedding fit for a queen

Katherine had pulled open the package that had arrived from Ireland from her father, she had never received anything from him with such urgency

Katherine had pulled open the package that had arrived from Ireland from her father, she had never received anything from him with such urgency. Charles was at the palace so she knew she could open the package without worry. Two female servants even a few males were looking on to see what was in the box. She opened the box and pulled the most beautiful wedding gown she had ever seen from it. The ladies helped her pull it out so she could look at all of the detailing on the dress. But inside the box wasnt just the dress

 But inside the box wasnt just the dress

A beautiful circlet was set just inside. Everyone was surprised by the gift and looked up as they heard a horse enter the courtyard.
"Hurry we must get this out of sight." One of the servants said. They carefully gathered up the dress and the circlet that came with it.
"My lady, there is a room in the back we will keep it in, it will be covered and kept safe so his grace does not see it."
"That would be good, thank you. Now go before he sees it." She said to them.
Henry entered the house and walked down the hall to the main room and saw Katherine standing there.
"My father sent a gift." She said to him. The circlet and something else was left sitting on the small table.
"What did he send?"
"My father included a letter one for me and one for the king, this circlet I am supposed to wear for the wedding and these rings

 "What did he send?""My father included a letter one for me and one for the king, this circlet I am supposed to wear for the wedding and these rings

She held out the smaller boxes, her father had taken a great deal of care of sending the items

She held out the smaller boxes, her father had taken a great deal of care of sending the items. Charles held the rings in his hand and looked at their decorations and detail. Both were silver and beautiful. He had never seen such detail, never expected to see rings of such design.
"And I thought ours had such interesting detail."
"The rings belonged to my father and mother, father felt that since my mother had passed on and my brothers had no interest in the rings he would send them to us. The circlet is a traditional Irish wedding head piece but can be worn like most of the ladies do here."
"It is beautiful, and I feel that isnt all he sent. But I can wait until the day we get married to see the other."
"I am Irish and my father felt I should have a little piece of my home here."
"I agree."
It took more weeks to get everything ready, Charles and Henry made sure it would be perfect for Katherine. Katherine sat in a room, one of the ladies working on her hair.

Making sure her raven locks were perfect and the circlet was in place along with flowers and ribbons

Making sure her raven locks were perfect and the circlet was in place along with flowers and ribbons. Katherine was ready and turned and saw Henry standing in the doorway.
"You look lovely, the dress is beautiful. Your father did your culture well."
"Thank you your majesty." She said bowing.
"What brings you back here?"
"I would like the honor to walk you down the aisle to give you to Charles."
"I would be blessed if you would. In place of my father."
"Yes the letter he sent says that he is too ill to travel."
"Yes I fear he will pass well before I am able to return to his side."
"I feel the travel would be unsafe as well, there has been whispers of an uprising in the north. And I know Charles does not want you hurt in any way. But are you ready to be wed?"
"Yes." She said, taking his arm he led her down to the long aisle to Charles. Charles smiled as she came into view he could not be happier than he was at this moment. Henry stopped and looked at Charles before handing him Katherine's arm.
"Be kind and loving to her." Henry said.
"Always." He said to him. Henry kissed Katherine on the cheek and placed her hand on Charles' arm, both turned and faced the priest.
They walked from the church, bells ringing signaling the end of the ceremony. A white carriage waited outside. Katherine turned and looked at Henry.
"But your majesty it's your wedding carriage."
"I know. But today it is for you and Charles."
"Thank you your majesty." She said turning and bowing. He nodded to her.
"Take them to the palace there is a feast waiting."
Katherine looked at him smiling and then forward as Charles led her to the carriage. They rode just like the king and queen would have and through part of London to the palace and arrived and Katherine was helped from the carriage and Charles stepped from the carriage on the other side. He came around and offered Katherine his arm led her into the palace, they were surprised by the large feast that Henry had ordered to be readied. Katherine looked up to see Henry walking toward them, she bowed deeply to him, he took her hands and lifted her back up.
"Come cousin, we have prepared a special place for you both to sit." Henry said leading them to a table near his own. Only the two of them. Charles pulled her chair out and had her sit down and then sat down next to her, he took her hand in his own. He was happy, he knew so was she as it showed on her face.