A proposal

Katherine had spent most of her time away from the court, she knew that there was allot going on. Anne had been taken to the tower along with several others including her brother and father. But she also knew that Henry had found a new love, and from what Charles had told her was he loved her so much he was willing until they were able to be married before taking her virtues. Charles had asked her once if she regretted that they had been intimate before they could even really get to know each other, she didn't not at all. Katherine loved him, was afraid for him, at times feared she would not see him. With everything that was going on in the kingdom she always prayed for both him and Henry.
Katherine looked up as Charles entered the house.
"Hello." She said as she stood walking to him. Charles smiled and pulled her into his arms and kissed her.
"Your in a good mood."
"Anne is to be put to death."
"I never thought he would be that angry."
"Her brother and three others were executed today."
"Oh, what of her father?"
"He has been released, not that I was happy about that. He should have died right along side his son and his daughter but he didn't care."
"What did happen to him?"
"He was stripped of all of his titles but the one he came with, and removed from court never to return upon pain of death."
"There is that. So I am safe?"
"Yes you are safe."
"Good, I know how worried you've been."
"Katherine, you are worth being worried about."
"I suppose." She said to him. He shook his head and pulled her into his arms and kissed her.
"After Henry returns and he announces his betrothal to Jane. We will be going to see him at the court."
"I'd like that."  Katherine told him.
Charles' young son Edward wanted to see the execution so he took him with him to Anne Boleyn execution. Katherine chose to stay at the estate. Some time had passed and she saw Charles riding into the courtyard with Edward a little worse for ware. She placed what she was working on in the chair in front of her and stood. Edward came in and gave her a hug and then headed off to do something.
"I guess from the look she's dead. Why so grim?"
"I don't know, I knew she needed to be gone but when I took Edward and I saw all those people drop to their knee to her I felt bad. I just don't know."
"We will go to court tomorrow."
"That's a good idea."
"What is on your mind?" She asked him, he looked at her and touched her face lightly.
"Katherine, I love you."
"And I love you too Charles."
"My son adores you. I want to say that my life changed that first day I saw you."
"I saw you that day. Talking to the king."
"Henry and I have been friends for a long time."
"I could tell. My father told me very little about Henry, when he sent me he told me Henry would help me find a husband. I guess he never expected it to be you."
"I will admit I have upset him more than once."
"I know. You seem to want to ask me something."
"I do. But I want to check with Henry first."
"Really?"
"Yes really, I promise it will be worth it."
"I will wait."
Charles reached out and touched her face. Katherine looked up at him, there was so much about him she loved, his blue eyes, his smile his determination. When he set his mind to something he did it.
"Seems the meal is ready let us eat." He said leading her to the table, they sat near each other and ate, Katherine could see he was nearly bursting to tell her something but she had promised to wait.
"I am going to ride to the palace. I will return soon."
"Alright." She said to him. She gave him a quick kiss and he headed out the door.
Charles rushed into the palace, he was a man on a mission and he needed to speak to Henry.
"Where is the king?" He asked a guard.
"In his chambers I believe your grace."
"Thank you." Charles knew where he was going and found the room and knocked on the door while one of the young men announced him.
"What brings you here so late? Is Katherine alright?"
"Oh she's fine. I had a question since I didnt ask the first time."
"What would that be?"
"I want to marry Katherine. And I want your blessing."
"Then you have it, you have been close to her since she got here and have been by her side all the time."
"She is my world. As I keep telling her she's my irish rose."
"Then you have my permission to marry her."
"Thank you Henry."
"Your welcome Charles."
Charles left and rode back to his estate one thing on his mind, making her happy. He barely gave the horse time to stop before he had climbed from it's back. Katherine looked up as he entered and put her needle point down. She stood and walked toward him, he lifted her into his arms and hugged her tight.
"What?" She laughed.
"I have a question."
"What would that be?" She asked him. He set her down and reached for a box he had hidden.
"Katherine Brice do me the honor of being my wife?"
"Yes, Charles, yes I will." She said hugging him, she kissed him deeply and looked into his eyes.
"Is that why you had to talk to Henry?"
"Yes, I didn't ask his permission when I married his sister. I wasnt getting yelled at again for not asking."
"I love you."
"You my Irish rose can not imagine how much I love you."
"I think I can." Katherine said touching his face. She lifted up slightly and kissed him deeply. Charles pulled her closer, her eyes almost sparkled as he looked into them. His fingers traced her jawline as he looked in her eyes, it was as if he never wanted to forget a single feature or expression. He would tell Henry she said yes the next he spoke to him.