The Anger of a Queen

Katherine took her place it was always, walking behind two others. She stayed quiet and followed along. She didnt look up except to keep from walking into people. They walked into the queen's chambers, they stood and waited for word of what to do.
"Lady Brice."
"Yes your majesty?"
"Draw me a bath."
"Yes your majesty." Katherine answered bowing. She stepped into the next room and did as she was told and was pushed down when Anne entered the room.
"So you feel if you don't get your way you can cry to the king?"
"No your majesty. I have never wanted any advances from your king. I was sent here to be your lady in waiting but never knew it was to be told I could not see who I chose."
"You were told as long as it didnt look bad on me."
"I do not act as it would be bad for you your majesty." Katherine answered her.
"You will be allowed to keep your quarters but you will not be seen with Charles Brandon."
"Yes your majesty." Katherine answered, she continued with what she was doing. Anne almost smiled at knowing she could make the young woman do what she wanted. Katherine's hands shook, as she kept her composure.
"The other ladies will compete this. You may go."
"Yes your majesty." Katherine bowed and left. She entered her chambers and closed the door. It was going to be a sad existence if she couldn't do anything at all. She sat down and looked at the fire, maybe it would be easier just to return home but would her father be ashamed if she did.
Charles came to her door and could hear her crying, he sighed and turned away from the room. He went to go to the council meeting. He would speak to Henry when he was done, he would not allow this, even if he was willing take his time to get to know this young woman and with how Anne was treating her was not nice at all.
"Your majesty, may I speak to you for a moment?"
"Yes Charles." He said, they walked off to one side so they could talk.
"Henry, I went to call on Katherine earlier."
"How is she doing?"
"Crying from what I heard."
"What do you mean Charles?"
"She was crying. I didnt knock I came here instead."
"Come with me Charles." Henry told him. They hurried down the halls until they came to Katherine's room. The guard knocked and announced the king.
"Your majesty. Your grace, what do I owe the pleasure."
"I have been told you have been upset."
"Yes your majesty." Katherine answered, she looked down, her hands shook as she stood there.
"Your majesty may I speak freely?"
"Yes."
"Since I was seen speaking to his grace the queen has treated me poorly and I dare say viciously."
"You will no longer be assisting the queen. You will remain as a lady of the court."
"Yes your majesty, thank you. I had thought of coming to you and requesting of you to return home. But I felt it would bring shame to my father and the queen would see to that."
"I will deal with the queen."
Katherine nodded and didnt say anything else. Henry turned to leave, Katherine bowed as did Charles. Henry moved down the hallway to Anne's chambers.
Charles remained in the room with Katherine. Katherine stood silent, Charles finally spoke.
"Are you alright?" He asked her.
"Yes..I believe so."
"I am sorry you've been treated so poorly."
"It wasn't your fault. Your grace."
"Its Charles. "
"Charles."
They both jumped when the door was thrown open and Anne came storming in, without a second thought she backhanded Katherine nearly knocking her over.
"Your majesty." Charles spoke up.
"And as always it seems you are here again. Well it seems you got what you wish she no longer answers to me the little whore."
It took everything in Charles not to say anything. Anne turned and walked from the room slamming the door behind her. Katherine held her cheek as she looked at him.
"My apologies my lady." He said to her. Charles looked into her deep green eyes and could see almost defeat in them, the fire he had seen the first day he had seen in them had almost gone out.
"I will come tomorrow and visit you."
"Thank you." Katherine answered him, her cheeks felt hot as she blushed. He leaned in and took her hand in his and kissed it.
"Until tomorrow my lady."
"Until tomorrow your grace." She said bowing slightly. Charles turned and left. Katherine smiled and sat down.