Dollar Signs

Chapter 6: Dollar Signs
Tia

Imagine getting close to your sister's boyfriend.

And I don't mean close as in buddy-buddy. I mean it like, we've been texting...

An awful lot. And I don't think Marinette knows.

I feel guilty. It's not like anything we talk about is bad but, I don't think us talking is right.

You get it?

It's been a week since Damien gave Lilian and I the "business talk" and it's also been a week since him and Marinette came out about their relationship to the public.

Since then, I've been known as the "sister in law to a billionaire".

I should be excited. But for some reason, this little voice in the back of my head is saying something.

But I'm not going to listen.

At least I'm trying.

"You wanna go shopping?" My sister pokes her head through the door and asks, barely audible though.

"Why do you ask?"

"I took Damien's credit card. He told me to spend it on you too or else he was going to freeze it and not give it again. So, yeah. Let's go." Marinette holds her phone up to her mouth, yelling back at me before leaving me alone.

Oh.

How would I say this? Marinette is one of those people who like money. More like guys with money.

Our family is well off too, but it's a habit of hers.

Making my way downstairs, I walk towards the front door to meet my sister. Stepping outside, I search for her car, realizing it isn't there.

"This bum really left me. Disrespectful." Looking up, I notice her car driving down the street. "Bro. Why tell me come on, if you aren't even going to wait for me to come. I swear on her life."

Closing the door again, I retreat back into my room, laying down on my stomach.

At that exact moment, a message from Damien appears across my phone.

Damien: Hey.

Me: hi Mr. Gray.

Damien: Wyd?

Me: the usual. In my bed.

Damien: You're not out with Marinette?

Me: nope

Damien: I swear. This girl.

Me: is something wrong with you guys?

The bubbles appear again, showing that he's typing. A few seconds go by before an audio comes up.

"Sorry I'm going to a meeting now. But not really, Marinette is just doing too much."

Me: how?

"First she steals my credit card. And then when I find out she insists on using it. So I let her as long as she brings you. And now this?"

Me: oh

"Send voice messages back. I want to hear your voice."

Me: why?

"I just enjoy hearing it. Is that too much to ask?"

Giggling to myself, I leave him on read before talking to myself. Re-entering the chat, I record myself, messaging him back.

"No it's not too much."

"I'll text you back when I get out the meeting. Okay, Tia?"

"Yeah of course."

"Bye beautiful."

Woah.

I exit the conversation again, blushing like crazy. Changing the app to YouTube, I start searching for a video to watch. A couple of minutes go by with me watching mukbangs before another message shows from Damien. Tapping it, it's two pictures of him, one smiling and the other biting his lip.

He starts typing again and the text bubbles clear for a moment before the message shows.

Damien: Can I entertain you? What do you think? I'm fucking bored right now. And these men I'm doing business with are late. I would send them to Marinette but she doesn't like when I send photos other than something material related.

Me: wow you're handsome. and please, feel free to bless my phone anytime you want. 💛 just not often

Damien: Thanks. You're amazing. Okay, bye for real this time.

Me: lol byee.

Is it wrong to say I feel a connection with Damien? Like something more than us being friends.

I have no idea what it is but I should really stop. Before I catch feelings.

My phone buzzes again and I look down to be met with yet another message from Damien.

Damien: Keep me company.

Me: go text Marinette.

Damien: I want to talk to you, beautiful.

Me: do you call Mari that?

Damien: The only thing I call her is Marinette, or babe on a rare occasion.

Me: well damn. You're heartless.

Damien: No I'm not. I just don't see why I have to call her something that has no meaning to me. Now stop complaining and keep me company

Me: ugh fine.

Damien: I'll be in and out though. The meeting started.

Me: okay sir.

Damien: ok Tia.

Don't catch feelings?

I think it's too late to say that now.