Figure Things Out

Chapter 33: Figure Things Out
Tia

"I thought you left."

"I thought I did too, but it's a new day. Is it not?" Lilian walks past me into to kitchen, setting her bags down.

"You want some?" She holds her food out to me, pushing fries in her mouth.

"You're going to turn into Popeyes one day." I joke, taking her biscuit.

"And you're going to turn into McDonald's. Try me." She laughs, setting another box on the table. "Bake me a cake."

"As fast as you can."

Lilian starts to glare at me before throwing the box in my direction, almost hitting my face.

"If that hit me, I would have had to sue." I murmur, opening the cake mix and grabbing a bowl from the dish washer.

"Shut up and turn the sink on." She closes her food, standing up to help. "Don't do it."

Lilian deadpans as I lean over to look closer at the sink, putting myself at eye level with it.

"Damien's pretty hot isn't he? Like a Greek god?" I whisper, trying my hardest not to laugh. Reaching my hand out to turn the handle, the water sprays out and I beam up at Lilian. "It worked."

"You're so weird."

"Not as weird as you."

Lili puts her hands on her hips, glaring at me.

"You really want to go there, Tia? I will tell him about what you did."

"What did I do?"

"That door thing."

"You wouldn't dare." Warning her, I start to add the liquid ingredients in, stirring it.

"Hey guys!" Marinette exclaims, walking into the kitchen, Damien behind her. "Whatcha making?"

"Angel cake."

Marinette takes a seat at the island but Damien comes closer to me, looking over my shoulder.

"Do you want some?" I ask him while pouring it into a pan, wiping the left over mix on my finger.

"Sure." Damien places his arm under mine that was raised, taking the bowl up to put it as the table.

Passing him a spoon, him and I eat the small amount of batter left, Mari and Lilian giving us weird looks.

"Damien, cake batter is nasty." Marinette shudders, attempt to move the bowl away from us.

"You guys are going to get sick." Lilian adds, taking the spoons from us.

"I do this a lot and I haven't gotten sick, what's your point?" I shrug, raising an eyebrow at Damien suggestively.

The two of us make eye contact, his pupils dilate and I notice him biting his lip. Blushing, I turn my head away, listening to Marinette and Lilian go on about the sicknesses we could get.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Didn't even notice!" I dance, trying not to mess up.

"Lalalalala- roll with." Lilian mumbles, forgetting the words.

"You got to keep the focus."

"Why don't you say so?" Lilian screams, causing Marinette to glare at us.

The four of us were in the backyard, Lili and I on TikTok while Marinette and Damien sat there judging us.

"Renegade! Renegade! Woo woo." Moving up closer to my sister, I start dancing in front of them, attempting to hit her in the face. "Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah."