SPECIAL 03

Special Chapter: Past Spirals
Damien

*throwback to chapter 7 and earlier! Damien & Marinette's Relationship*

Blackmail.

I always hated it.

I hated it even more after I met this damn girl.

Marinette James.

"Damien? I don't have all day."

I snap out of my thoughts and look up at Marinette, closing the ring box.

"You know I don't want to marry you."

She scoffs and leans over, looking me in my eyes. "Do it or else I'll tell. And something more."

She starts sniffling dramatically, placing one hand on her chest and another on her arm.

"Ow. Damien- Damien's hurt me. All I wanted to do was spend time with him but he grabbed my arm harshly and hurt me. Ow." Her face was blank as she acted, speaking lowly to tell me what she would say. "People always believe the victim first. They'll believe me more because I'm a woman... Ow, I'm hurt. Now do it."

I knew she was using me for my money from day one.

But she has something to use against me.

'Are we arranged or something? I don't like you.'

'We are now. An arranged couple by yours truly. And you're going to like it.'

One) she'd threaten to tell my mom I spent a million dollars on charity.

A charity to benefit people my mother care about, for my mother. And it's a surprise.

I'm not going to let a bitch ruin that surprise. And I'm surely not going to let her sue me or put me in jail for her acting.

Two) her parents deserve a daughter who has ties to someone well known. I've seen their work and it's very influential.

Marinette's sister, Tia, crosses my mind and I shake my head, dismissing the thought.

I'm interested in her already. And I realize I met the wrong sister.

"Marinette James? Will you marry me?" I grit out, my eyes twitching.

Marinette plays with her nails and I start to get impatient, waiting for her answer.

"Sound more enthusiastic. You know I've 'fallen in love' with you, don't ruin it."

She doesn't love me, she loves the money.

I sigh in annoyance and stand up, opening the box as I put a smile on my face. "Marinette, my love. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, Damien! Of course I will!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I'm going in to tell them the good new!"

"You do you, Marinette."

"It wouldn't hurt to call me Mari or babe more often, Damien." Marinette pouts, slamming my car door.

"Don't slam my door." I tell her, rolling the window down. "And I already told you, I'm not going to call you something that has no meaning to me."

"You will love me, Damien. Get over yourself."

I'd prefer to fall in love with your sister.

Speaking of her...

She crosses my mind again and I allow it this time, smiling at the thought.