Eyes

Chapter 10: Eyes
Tia

"Damien stop!"

"I'm not even touching you."

"You play too much."

"I'm trying to sleep. The fuck?"

"Exactly. I'm needy."

"You were needy like twenty minutes ago."

"And now I want you again."

Listening to the two of them for the literal tenth time tonight, I groan and turn on my side mumbling to myself.

"Three. Two. One." I count down before I hear Marinette start to giggle again before it turns into something inappropriate.

"Oh my god." Throwing the covers off my body, I stomp out of my room and to the other side of the hall. My hand lingers above the door to determine if they're stopping, but instead Mari gets louder and I bang on the door before opening it, not caring.

"Tia do you mind?"

"Listen. I get you two love each other like crazy. And want to be in each other like crazy," This sentence makes Damien start shaking his head no, his eyes basically begging me for help in a way. "But! I have school tomorrow. And this can't continue. If I hear it again, Marinette, I swear to god I will come back in here and tape your mouth shut. Now goodnight."

I turn back around on my heel and close the door behind me, walking back to my room and laying down again.

The house was finally silent and I could sleep until the morning.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Well don't you look terrible." Lilian props her chin on her hands and looks up at me from her desk.

"Why thank you."

"What happened last night?"

"Damien and Marinette kept going at it." I tell her, completely skipping over what else happened last night.

"Shit. That sounds terrible. I'm glad I didn't sleep over."

"I wish I went with you." Raising my eyebrows, I lean back on my chair and close my eyes for a moment.

"There's a party this weekend. We should go."

"You know I don't do parties, Lilian." I glance at her from the side of my eye.

"I know but this one is being thrown by that guy I like. Please, Tia. I can't go alone, I'll embarrass myself." Lilian practically begs me, clasping her hands.

"When and where?" I ask, giving in.

"He's having it at a party hall. From 6:30 to midnight. Let me write it down." Lilian chuckles before pulling out a pad of paper from my bag and my pencil case.

"Here. And elbow swear," she touches our elbow together while handing me the paper. "Now you can't back out of it."

"I wasn't going to."

"I know you, Tia. Don't play."

"Fine." I groan before turning my attention to the front of the room as the teacher walks in.

"We should go shopping tomorrow after school. You need something sexy to wear."

"Cute."

"No bish. Sexy. No complaints." Lili corrects me, staying quiet afterwards.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Uh. Who does this girl think she is?"

"I dunno but I'm about to beat her ass."

"I'll help."

Marinette was laying on top of Damien like she owned him and she refused to let go. I'm not going to lie so I'll just say I couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

Damien chuckles under his breath at my friend and my antics, his eyes scanning over me.

Marinette starts complaining, asking why we're so bothered by what she's doing.

"Because Damien is our bestie. Not yours." I say in a singsong voice, tugging on her arm.

"Yeah. He's Tia's though. I'm just the sidekick friend." Lilian speaks without thinking and I watch Marinette fall on the floor from disbelief.

Damien's ears start to turn red and I turn my face away to hide my blush. My friend still stands there, questioning what she said wrong, causing me to drag her upstairs.

"Seriously, Lilian??"

"What did I say wrong?"

"He's Tia's though??" I quote what she said sitting at the edge of my bed. "You have got to be kidding me."

"I didn't say anything wrong." Lili defends herself, scoffing at my behavior. "It's easy to notice that you two like each other. Don't think I didn't notice what happened yesterday."

"What are you talking about?"

"When he was holding onto your leg. He didn't want to let go of you. And he wasn't going to until Marinette made that statement about their wedding."

"Oh."

"Yeah bish. I get that him and Marin are together. But I don't think he's been feeling her since you came along. I'm gonna investigate, Damien and I are low-key besties. The way she spoke about him before is way different than his actions now."

"Oh."

"Is that all you're going to say, dumbass?" Lilian takes a seat next to me, glaring.

"Sorry."

"And I saw him blushing when I said what I said, so who's the real loser here?"

"Me." I shrug, laying down before Lilian can finish speaking.

"Nope. It's Marinette. I adore her and all, but she's in the way of my love story. Like shit." Lili sighs, throwing herself backwards.

The two of us laugh together before someone passes by the room.

The person stops for a moment before walking again. And when they speak, I can tell it was Damien.

"Fuck this."

Lilian and I both sit up quickly, cursing to ourselves.

"Was that-" she leans forward, cursing again.

"Damien, yeah."

"He heard."

"Yeah."