Visuals

Chapter 8: Visuals
Tia

It's weird.

I seriously thought that things would be different. And I could have sworn this was all fake.

But no.

It's all weird.

"The fuck are you thinking about?"

"Huh?" I turn my head towards Lilian, watching her wipe the cream off the Oreos and into a bowl.

"What are you thinking about? Or who?" She repeats before standing up and walking towards the blender, scooping out the vanilla and chocolate cream again.

"Nothing. Sorry."

"Where did Marinette go?"

"Her and Damien went wedding shopping. She sent me a picture of the venue."

"Oh cool. Let me see?"

Lilian takes my phone away from me as she turns on the blender, adding sugar and condensed milk to the already sweet content.

I start to crush up the Oreos, the crumbs mixing together to look like gold and brown sand.

"This place is cute. I wonder how it feels to have a rich boyfriend." Lilian sighs before putting her attention back on to the mix.

When she finishes, she brings the blender over to me and takes a pan down from the cupboard, spreading the liquid across.

"You bought gummy worms right?"

"Yeah. Top shelf on the left." I mumble while placing the cookie crumbs on top, giving it a dirt kind of look.

"One for you. One for me." My friend pops a gummy worm into her mouth before pushing one into the cookies, going back and forth until the pan looks full. "Now what?"

"Now we put it in the freezer to set."

"Okay boss."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hey guys! We're back." Marinette yells from the front door before she comes into the kitchen, Damien following behind her.

"Hi Mari. Hello, Mr. Gray." Lilian waves before continuing to eat her dessert.

"Hi Tia. Hi to you too, Lilian." Damien chuckles before sitting on the chair in front of me.

I was sitting on the edge of the island, cutting the dessert into squares. My sister takes a seat next to her fiancé, wrapping her arm around his.

"Want one?" I ask the two of them without looking up, feeling a pair of eyes watching me.

"Sure." Marinette answers for the two of them while I place a few squares onto a plate.

"Thanks." Damien smiles slightly before picking one up and putting it in his mouth.

I notice him visibly relax before taking up another one, leaving the rest for Marinette who was already on her third.