Better

Chapter 53: Better
Tia

*one month later*

"Okay, well, let's make a list. You want a room, for art?"

"Yes, art."

"And we're installing shelves?"

"Shelves and rings."

"A cabinet?" I ask, jotting down more notes.

"No cabinet. And the room must be red." The man explains, holding his wife's hand.

"Monochrome or ombré?"

"Straight monochrome. Pure red."

"So you want a Red Room, then?" I ask, noticing him rub her leg. "Y'all nasty."

Mumbling under my breath, I look up again, continuing to figure out a design. I hear the door open and close behind me before someone hugs me, swinging me back and forth.

"Hey, beautiful."

"I'm working."

He kisses my cheek before walking away, sitting on the edge of the desk.

"Mom left you by yourself again?"

"Yeah, I'm getting better at this." I reply, giving the couple my attention. "The way you want to room to look, will there be a bed?"

"Yes, a king size." The lady speaks, looking in the man's eyes.

"So then we'll need to install carpeting. How does fur sound?"

"That sounds great."

"Fur would look good on you, too." Damien laughs, touching my back.

No, we aren't dating. Mainly because he hasn't asked me out and I'm too scared to ask him.

Things have been different since the wedding. Marinette has a new boyfriend, and Damien and I have actually gotten a lot closer than before.

Finishing up with the couple, I wait for them to leave before turning around to Damien, placing my hands on either side of him.

"Your birthday is today and you're here? Why didn't you go out with Killian?" I pout, upset that he's here with me.

"I wanted to be with you. Is that so bad?" He chuckles, kissing my forehead.

"I'm taking you out tonight then."

"I'd rather stay inside with you." He confesses, playing with my bottom lip.

Biting his thumb, I move away, fixing the chairs for the next client. "No complaints. I'll pick you up at 8."

"Okay then. You know, I want to invest in a Red Room as well." He jokes, licking his lips.

"You're nasty too."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Ah! You're taking him out! Bro ask him to be your boyfriend!" Lilian groans, excited at the same time.

"Yeah, Tia. Just go for it." Marinette inputs, shaking me back and forth.

"Can I come?"

"No you can't go, Lilian. It's supposed to be the two of them."

"Can you both calm down? I'm not asking anything." Rubbing my temples, I glare at the both of them, making them shut up.

"Why not, Tia. You guys like each other." Marinette questions, pursing her lips out. "Is it because of me? I've moved on Tia."