Proposal

Chapter 7: Proposal
Tia

Sitting up, I rub my eyes while looking around my room.

I have no idea when I fell asleep but when I finally regain my conscience, Marinette is sitting on the other side of my room, two dresses in her hand.

"Wow. Took you long enough. Here," she throws a paper bag at my head and I catch it with my hands. There were about five pretzels in there, each a different kind. "Keep those. Now help me."

"With what?"

"Damien said he wants to ask me a question tomorrow. And I kinda maybe have an idea of what it is so I have to look nice."

"You have an idea of what he's going to say?" I repeat her words, a bit confused.

"Yeah. I think he might ask that big question. Now, pink or white. Or this blue one." She shows me another dress hidden under the first one, the rhinestones shining under the light in my room.

"Blue. It suits you better. And you know that either pink or yellow suit me more." Yawning, I stand up to stretch and proceed to walk towards my sister.

"You're right. Thanks."

"Listen Mari. I'm only going to say this once, okay? If and when you get married, I'm a bridesmaid." I state slowly to make sure she hears me.

Marinette nods after each word before laughing. "Well obviously."

"Good. Now get out my room."

"Damn you're no fun."

"Says the person who left me earlier."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Tia. Tia. Tia." Somebody pokes my face repeatedly and I turn my body away from them. "Wake the fuck up, bish."

"What? It's only eight o'clock. Leave me alone."

"Actually," Lilian runs her hand through my hair, itching the center. "It's twelve and Marinette just left."

I push myself up with my elbows, glaring at my friend.

"Seriously?"

"Yes seriously. She said it's something big."

"Oh. She thinks he's going to propose to her." I mumble quietly, walking away to go to my bathroom.

Locking the door behind me, I hear Lilian sit down at the other side of the door before she continues talking.

"But what if he does propose? Like we all know she's gonna say yes. Then what? She's magically rich by marriage and you're the rich-in-law." Lilian sighs repeatedly, thinking to herself. "Why is your pee so loud?"

"Oh my god, Lili shut up!" I grumble, hearing her laugh on the other side.

"Are you taking a shit?"

"Oh my Jesus. No! I'm done here. Goodbye."

Washing my hands and I brushing my teeth, I exit the bathroom again and throw myself back on my bed.

"Where are your parents? I didn't see or hear them yet."

"Business trip. They have new investments." I shrug, turning onto my friend's lap.