Awe

Chapter 40: Awe
Tia

"Uncle Damien, pick me up!"

"You have to be quiet, Sophie. I have guest upstairs."

"Guests? You mean Marinette? She's not really a guest if you're gonna marry her."

Lilian and I were at the top of the staircase, looking down at the scene below us.

"Oh. Tia? Just a reminder, when we get to school tomorrow, I'm murdering the both of them." Lilian gives me a fake smile before looking back down again.

There was another man down there besides Damien and a little girl, who I'm guessing is Sophie.

"Let's go." Pulling on my arm, Lilian drags me downstairs, stopping in front of the trio.

"Oh hey. Did we wake you guys?" Damien breaths heavily, running a hand through his hair.

"No. Not at all." I smile, walking closer to them.

The little girl holds onto Damien's leg and he ruffles her hair, picking her up.

"Who are they, Uncle Damien?" She whispers, her eyes not leaving mine.

"Sophie. This is Tia, Ms. Marinette's sister, and Lilian, Tia's friend." Damien gently replies back to her, tilting her in each direction.

"Tia is pretty." She whispers again before turning to me, her shyness gone. "Hello, Tia!"

"Hi, cutie."

"Do you want to play superhero with me? Can I play in your hair?" She jumps down, standing in front of me.

"Yes, you can." I nod, smiling back at her. "Oh, hello there."

Turning my body, I acknowledge the other man and he stands up, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Hi. I'm Marco. You must be Tia."

"Yes. It's a pleasure to meet you." I smile, shaking his hand. Turning to Damien, I smile at him, scrunching up my nose. "You have another brother?"

"No. He's a friend."

"Damien, has friends?" Lilian butts in, laughing to herself. "I thought you were just a dominant boss who was sarcastic."

"I can have friends too. Damn."

"Are you religious?" She questions again, going completely off track.

"Christian. Why?"

"Because you're always cursing and shit."

"Do you believe in religion?"

"Yeah. We're both Christian too." Lilian points at me, confused.

"Then why are you always cursing and shit?"

"Touché."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hey, Sophie. Do you want to-"

"Not you." Sophie holds her hand up, silencing Lilian.

"Well damn. I didn't want to play with you anyways."

Sophie goes back to playing in my hair, ruffling it up before braiding it over.

"How old are you, Sophie?" I ask, tilting my head up to look at her.

"I'm this many," She giggles, showing me four fingers. "Now put your head back down."

Sophie continues braiding different sections of my hair, patting me when she's done.