Take It

Chapter 20: Take It
Tia

"Catch."

"Ow. What was that for?"

"I told you to catch it. But you didn't."

Damien pops a gummy bear into his mouth, winking at me.

"Give me one." I reach over to him but he turns away from me, making my chest rub against his shoulder. Damien's breathing halters and he pushes me away slightly, shifting his body away from me.

"Ugh. Catch." He throws another one at me and I dodge it.

"Stop throwing them at me!"

"No. Now catch."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Mr. Gray! Mr. Gray! Look here! Who is she? Is that your fiance or sister-in-law? Mr. Gray!"

The paparazzi was standing outside of the limo, looking inside. Damien turns to me, nodding before signaling for the chauffeur to open the door for us.

"When we get out, smile and wave. Okay?"

"Yes, sir." I salute him, stepping out behind him.

Damien places a hand on the small of my back, directing me inside. Cameras kept flashing in my face but I made sure to keep my eyes open, giving them my best smiles. When we finally reach inside, Damien and I walk down the flight of stairs into the main hall.

"Those are my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Gray." Damien points over to a couple who were sitting close to the stage, drinking from champagne glasses.

"Damien, honey!" When we finally make it to his parents, his mom stands up to embrace him. When she releases him, his father comes over to give him a handshake before the two of them turn to face me.

"And who is this?" Mr. Gray inspects me, his wife taking my hand in hers.

"Mom, Dad, this is Tia. Tia, my parents." Damien greets us, and his mom pulls me closer for a hug. I stiffen slightly before hugging her back.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Gray." I pull back from her, but she continues to hold onto my arms.

"Call me Raina." She smiles before letting me go. Her husband comes over to me shortly after, shaking my hand.

"You can call me Jason." Mr. Gray chuckles, taking his wife's hand before bringing her back to the table.

"Where is Marinette, honey?" Raina tilts her head up to Damien, grinning.

"She couldn't make it." He shrugs, pulling a chair out and pointing for me to sit. Damien sits down next to me, reading the paper in front of him.

Another man comes walking across the stage to us, hugging Raina from the back.

"Hey, little brother." He waves to Damien.

"I'm only younger by two years."

"Still younger. And who is this?" He looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

"This is Tia. Tia, this is my brother Killian." Damien introduces us and his brother waves at me. "Where's Skai?"

"Eating." Killian points in the direction of a woman stuffing her face at the buffet table.

"You should go say hi, Tia. Skai is nice." Damien whispers in my ear, his brother nodding along with him.

"Uh, okay."

Standing up, Damien takes my purse from me, placing it in front of him. I walk over to the lady, tapping her shoulder before waving.

"Oh, hi. How can I help you? Was I doing something wrong?"