Chapter 1 - The Beginning of Everything

"You know for someone from outer space, you look human." You state.

"You look Time Lord." The man states, staring at you.

"Who are you anyway? Why are you chatting me up?"

"C'mon, you must know who I am. Harold Saxon? Prime Minister? You work in my office!"

"Shit, I thought I knew you from somewhere! God, I'm so stupid! I'm Y/N." You say, holding out your hand for him to shake.

"Oh, I know who you are. I met you when you were a little bit older, hanging off a cliff waiting for the Doctor to save you from falling. He's here you know, hunting me down." Harold explains, waving your hand away.

"Why would a random Doctor be hunting for you? You've clearly got more power, being the Prime Minister." You ask, totally clueless.

"No, Y/N! Not A doctor, THE Doctor. He's a Time Lord, from another planet. He looks like a guy I've seen on TV before, David Tennant, I think his name was. Will have to double check that after watching Teletubbies. This planet is amazing, you know? They have televisions in their stomachs, now that is evolution."

"Wait, wait, wait, Harold. How do you know of the Time Lords? Are you one of them? Why did you come here? I mean, we surely aren't the greatest planet out there in space, right?" You question, really confused.

"Oh, dear sweet Y/N, there are so many different planets better than this one. The Doctor just likes this one the most, since he always picks his companions from here."

"Companions?"

"People he travels with. He abducts people and shows them the universe to make them forget about the kidnapping. It's genius really, I should try it sometime." Harold laughs.

"That's horrible! Why would he do that?" You ask, horrified.

"Because he's lonely. Now listen to me Y/N, don't trust him. He's the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness. Well, at least that's what the Daleks call him." He shrugs.

"Thanks for the warning, Harold. I've got to get going now, lots of paperwork to file. Bye!"

"Bye, Y/N! I'll definitely see you soon." Harold laughs manically.

***

You begin to walk back to your desk, ready to finish your paperwork for the day and go home to bed. A man walks up to your desk, "are you Y/N?" He rushes, frantically looking around his surroundings.

"Yes, that's me? What do you want? Not being rude or anything." You answer, not looking up from your paperwork.

"I need your help with something. Something so important, it can change the course of time. Will you help me?" He asks, running a hand through his brown spiked hair. You look up, and see a man who looks like David Tennant. This must be the man Harold was on about!

"I'm sorry Sir, but I'm under strict instructions not to help anyone until all this paperwork is done. Sorry again." You lie and look back down at your paperwork, trying to read it. The words are swirling around in your head, but nothing is registering in your brain. You're trying to ignore him, for fear of your own safety.

"Argh, you can have a five minute break and still get this done in time."

"No. I need to get this done." You put your hands on either side of your head, frustrated with this man. Why is he so insistent?