Chapter 16 - Daleks

End of Chapter 15 -

"It's the Daleks!" The mystery woman shouts, the other nodding in agreement.

"Sarah Jane! It's amazing to see you still looking out for Earth!" The Doctor exclaims, "Y/N, Donna, meet my oldest companion. Sarah Jane, meet my newest companions."

"Lovely to meet you both, you could have introduced me differently though Doctor. Made me feel old!" She laughs.

"Sarah Jane used to travel with me, when I had a different face." The Doctor explains. "Well, a few different faces." You and Donna stare at each other in confusion, but laugh it off.

"I'm so confused right now." Donna laughs.

"Wait, Sarah. Did you say Daleks?" The Doctor finally realises what was said, destroying the moment of joy you all were having. You were too busy staring at the monitor to notice what the Doctor said.

***

"Has anyone heard from Rose?" The Doctor panics, looking at Jack for answer. Who's Rose?

"Doctor, no one has seen or heard from her in years." Jack replies, upset. Gwen and Ianto look up at him. Gwen hugs Jack, and Ianto places his hand at the top of Jack's back. Jack shares a glance between the two of them, and then focuses on the screen in front of them. "Why do you ask?"

"Thought she'd try reaching out. I know she's trapped in another universe, but just thought she would." The Doctor replies sadly.

Donna perks up, and you do too. Didn't you meet her in that parallel universe you and Donna were trapped in? "Doctor, did you say 'Rose'?" You ask, slowly looking up at him from the console monitor.

"Yeah, why?" The Doctor replies with a question, and furrows his eyebrows.

"We met her in the parallel universe we were stuck in! She said something, we were supposed to tell you but we forgot. Oh, Donna. What did she say?"

"Bad Wolf." Donna replies. "She said 'Bad Wolf'. We totally forgot to tell you... oops?"

"Jesus guys, you could have remembered! Rose is really important to this whole situation? She's our eyes in the parallel universe!" The Doctor rages at you both, before storming away from the console towards the hallway.

"Who's Rose?" You ask everyone.

Martha and Jack look at each other before returning their gazes to their screens. Martha takes a deep breath before answering. "She travelled with him before you, before me. Before Donna had her one-off adventure with him. She is really important to him, she stopped his violent streak from the Time War. He loved her. You guys need to come back to Earth. Now, before he does something too irrational and risks your lives."

"Okay. We're nearly in London. Jack, have you still got your vortex manipulator working? Meet us in Chiswick, by Saint Mary's Church. That's where we'll be landing. See you there. Sarah Jane, are you and your son okay? Don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary. These 'Daleks' look merciless." You explain your plan.

"They really are, Y/N. I've come across them before when I travelled with the Doctor. Merciless, cold, metal-shelled beasts. However many times the Doctor stops them, they always come back. I've got to come find you all, that's my only chance of staying alive. Luke has Mr. Smith and K-9 to protect him here, he'll be fine. They won't let anything happen to him. I'm coming too." She replies, standing her ground.

"Alright then. Donna, how long until we land?" You ask.

"Two minutes approximately."

"Jack, leave now. We need to find Rose for the Doctor, it's the only way to make him happy. If she is on this Earth, that is. I'm sure she'll show her face soon." You sternly say. "Saint Mary's Church. Now."

"Hold on, Y/N! We're landing!" Donna shouts.

"Okay! Martha, find us as soon as you can!" You finish saying your plan, and everyone disconnects from the call. You run over to the console and grab onto the edge. The Doctor finally comes back into the console room wiping his eyes. He's been crying. You look up at him and give him a soft smile, which he returns with red puffy eyes. He strides over to the console and holds on too.

***

Chiswick, London

You land the TARDIS outside of Saint Mary's Church. There's no sign of any humans anywhere. The Daleks must have taken them somewhere, but where? "Doctor? Where is everyone?" You ask cautiously, stepping out of the TARDIS and looking around. The Doctor and Donna both follow you out, and both look around the area too.

"The Daleks must have a mother-ship somewhere in the middle of the 'planet engine'. They won't be too far away, I know that for a fact." The Doctor turns round at a fast pace and rages. "Where are you? Show your faces! I'm here! Let everyone go!"

"Doctor." You say calmly, reaching your hands out to place them on either of his arms. His eyes are still red and puffy, and a single tear rolls down again. You reach up with your left arm and wipe the tear away, before smiling slightly. "Turn around. Someone's here to see you."

The Doctor turns his head around to where you were pointing to see Rose smiling at him. His face turns to one of complete shock, as he turns around fully. Rose's smile gets even bigger and she begins running towards you all. The Doctor starts to run towards her to meet in the middle.

"Exterminate!"

You look over to where the voice came from, and see a brown metal-clad alien. It has a plunger and a whisk as arms, and looks like a salt and pepper shaker. This must be a Dalek. It looks just as cold-hearted as Sarah Jane described it! "Doctor, look out!" You scream at him as he runs away from you, and towards Rose. He turns his gaze towards you quickly, confused at why you shouted at him. You gesture towards the incoming Dalek, and the Doctor ignores you. He continues running towards Rose to shield her, leaving you and Donna defenceless. Seriously? Rose came prepared, she has a gun for shit's sake! Me and Donna have nothing!

"Doctor!" You shout, as the Dalek aims at him. You begin sprinting towards him, jumping in front of him as the Dalek shoots. The Dalek hits you in the centre of your body, and you fall to the ground clutching your chest. You curl up into a ball and scream in pain. You can't support yourself, so you stay limp. "Donna..." You whimper, reaching your other arm out slightly. You can feel your eyes drooping and your life leaving your body slowly.

"Y/N!" Donna shouts, and runs towards you. She falls to your side, removing your hand from your chest. The wound where you were shot is too big to patch up. Donna begins to tear up, and covers her mouth in shock. "Why would you do that? You could die!" She shouts at you. "Stay awake, Y/N! Don't go to sleep, you hear me?" Donna reaches out again, slapping your arm to keep you awake. "Don't! Go! To! Sleep!" With every word, she slaps your arm.

Jack arrives and shoots the Dalek. He turns to you, running towards you and Donna. "We have to get them into the TARDIS, now! Doctor, Rose, come on! Have your reunion inside the TARDIS and not as Y/N is dying! Now! We don't have long!"

"Y/N!" The Doctor shouts.

"You've done enough, Doctor. Let's go." Donna rages at him, as Jack lifts your body and takes you into the TARDIS. "You've killed Y/N."