Chapter 20 - The Beginning of the End

End of Chapter 19 -

"Y/N... what have you done?" The Doctor quietly asks, raking his fingers through his hair and falling to the floor once more. A tear rolls down his cheek as he watches the Dalek kill you, as another had done roughly an hour ago. "Why would you make me watch that?"

"They're reckless, Doctor. You take ordinary people and fashion them into monsters. I made the Daleks, Doctor, you made this. How many more will die in your name? The Doctor, the man who keeps on running, never looking back because he dare not out of shame. This is my final victory, Doctor. I have shown you yourself."

"But why Y/N? Why kill them?"

"They were in the way of testing, a small price to pay for salvation." Davros concludes. The Doctor turns back to the screen, where your death is being played on a never-ending loop and begins to cry. He really has turned people into monsters, and not just himself. You died for him, again, and he didn't try and save you, again. How many more times must you die for him to try and save you?

***

Holding Area

Rose, Jackie, Mickey and Sarah Jane stare in horror as you were taken down by a Dalek and moved to one of their waste bins. The Dalek presses the button next to it, and the bin slides into the wall. The Dalek then turns on it's heel and returns it's attention to the prisoners. "Commencing test number eight. All prisoners must remain still and must not speak out of turn. The reality bomb will work instantaneously. Repeat, you must remain still."

"Dalek Junn, status report." Dalek Sec requests.

Another Dalek enters the holding area, but this Dalek is not like the others. The brown casing is all tattered and appears to be missing several golden orbs. The eyestalk is green, instead of blue and one of the lights on top of the head casing is broken. "All prisoners remain still underneath the testing area." The Dalek replies, almost hesitantly. Why is this one different?

"Commencing testing." The Supreme Dalek states, and four Daleks move to a control panel and press a button each. "Dalek Junn, you are required in the Vault. Immediately."

The original Dalek, Dalek Junn, leaves the room before the testing begins. The other Dalek gazes at the waste removal before following Junn. Rose moves towards the doorway to peer through the circular window. Jackie, Sarah Jane and Mickey stay by the larger windows of the hallway. "Come on, Y/N. I know you can come back." Rose whispers, bowing her head and leaning against the door. As if the Dalek heard her, it moves to stare in her direction. Rose gasps and looks at the colour of the eyestalk, which was different to the others. "Ghac? Is that you?" Rose whispers. The Dalek nods and leaves.

***

The Vault

"Watch, Doctor, as your precious human beings are decimated by the reality bomb testing. As soon as this is perfected among them, it will be spread across the universe. Every single non-Dalek organism will die, and you can do nothing about it." Davros laughs and changes the clip from you dying on repeat to the holding area as the testing begins. The prisoners begin to float, and become encapsulated by a light green hue before dusting away. The Doctor watches in horror, running his hands over his face. How much more does he have to lose to the Daleks?

"Doctor, we can't stop this. We have no TARDIS, no Donna, no Y/N. We don't know where Rose is. We've lost this time, no escape." Jack sighs, sitting down in the holding cell. The Doctor remains silent, staring at the scene on the screen, becoming full of anxieties.

"My final victory, Doctor. I have finally won against you!" Davros cackles.

***

The TARDIS

"Oh my... it's you!" Donna exclaims.

"Oh yes."

"You're naked." She laughs nervously.

The man looks himself up and down before smirking, "oh yes."

***

Waste Disposal

You cough, holding your arm over your nose and mouth. That makes two times I've died today. What a record! Where is everyone? Am I in a massive alien bin? You look around you and see nothing that can be used to get you out. "Help me! Someone! Anyone!"

As if on cue, a Dalek flies over the disposal area. It begins to scan the area, its eye doing a vast sweep over the whole area. Seeing an opportunity to attack, you grab a piece of metal from beside you and throw it at the Dalek. The metal collides with one of the golden orbs, and the Dalek's green eyestalk instantly finds you. "Who are you and what are you doing down here?" You insist, picking up another piece of metal to throw.

"Dalek Ghac. Routine sweep of the waste disposal." He replies, slowly sinking towards where you are. Ghac falls barely two feet in front of you. "Exte--. Exter--."

"Why are you hesitating to exterminate me?" You ask worriedly.

"I am unsure." Dalek Ghac replies, staring at the blaster and then back at you. "I appear to not want to kill you. I appear to be questioning my existence and my creator's intentions."

"That's so strange. Well, can you help me out of this dump? I know you're not like the other Daleks. I can feel it. Please, help me help the Doctor and everyone in the universe. They all depend on us and they don't even know it. Please, Ghac."

"Affirmative." Ghac agrees, extending his suction cup for you to grab hold of. You reach up and grab hold, and Ghac instantly flies up and out of the waste disposal.

"Ghac, where is the Doctor?" You ask.

"The Doctor is in the Vault. Your acquaintances remain in the holding area halls. I have interfered with the interface to direct them to the Vault too. They should arrive momentarily." Ghac explains. "Davros is in the Vault. The creator of our race. He is not to be treated lightly."

"Oh I'm going to kill him, don't you worry." You plan. Ghac turns his eyestalk towards you and nods. "You're staying with us, Ghac. Be our weapon against the others, you can provide us with intel and information about them and their intentions. What do you say?"

"I agree." Dalek Ghac replies, before crashing through the wall of the Vault.

***

The Vault

"Y/N! Get away from the Dalek!" The Doctor shouts at you, before nearly bursting out into tears. You shake your head and pat Ghac. "Oh, thank you Dalek..." He whispers and realises that Ghac rescued you, bringing you back to him.

"Dalek Ghac." He replies as quietly as he can, and you run over to the control desk. Ghac follows you and begins working on the controls. "We need four Daleks for this mission, Y/N. We are not enough." Ghac explains almost inaudibly before turning round to face Davros, "Great Creator." He nods his emerald eyestalk before beginning to move towards him and raising his blaster. "Exterminate!"

"Y/N... What a coincidence. I thought my children exterminated you on sight." Davros begins, clearly confused by your revival. "What is this? One of my children is helping you? Not for much longer. Dalek Ghac, you are relieved of duty. Your gun never was programmed to work. Dalek Caan warned me of your betrayal here." Davros picks up his gun and shoots Dalek Ghac in the eyestalk. His once green eye turns black, his blaster and suction cup falling.

"Ghac!" You cry out, reaching out and hugging the Dalek. "You killed one of your own!"

"I'd kill all of my children if they turned on me like Dalek Ghac did. Now, it's time to kill you properly this time, since my children are unable to do so." Davros states, before raising his gun again and pointing towards you.

"Shit!" You exclaim, moving your arms to shield your face and crouching to the floor.