Chapter 15 - Follow The Blip

End of Chapter 14 -

"The bees disappearing! They must be going back home, to Melissa Majoria. Not all of them are alien, but if they felt something coming or danger... they must have fled. Tandocca!" The Doctor shouts and points at the Architect. You and Donna stare at each other and you furrow your eyebrows in confusion. The Doctor looks at you both and rolls his eyes. "The Tandocca Scale? Come on guys, help me out here. The Tandocca Scale is a series of wavelengths used as a carrier signal by the migrant bees. Infinitely small, no wonder we didn't see it! The transmat that moved the planets was using the same wavelength, so we can follow the path!"

"And find the Earth! Stop talking and do it!" Donna shouts, dragging you towards the TARDIS. The Doctor runs behind you both and shuts the TARDIS doors behind you. He runs to the console, looking into the monitor.

"Have you got it, Doctor?" You ask.

"I've got a blip!"

***

Back on Earth

"Exterminate!" A voice shouts pointing a gun at Donna's grandfather, Wilfred, and her mother, Sylvia. You've met them a couple of times, once when the Sontarans tried to invade and once again when you both dropped Donna back home for Sylvia's birthday. From behind the alien, a gun blast is heard and the alien's head explodes. A blonde girl, no older than 24, stands behind the dead mechanical body. She had straight, middle length hair which held a side parting. Her eyes were serious and she put down the gun and walked over to Wilf and Sylvia.

"You're Donna Noble's family, right? I'm Rose Tyler and I need you." She introduces herself. Wilf shakes her hand and leads her to their shared home.

"I've tried calling her, but I can't get through. But, she's still with the Doctor, I know that much, and the last time she phoned she was on a planet called Midnight, made of diamonds."

"What the hell are you two on about?" Sylvia interrupts, expecting a rational anwer.

"Look, she's out there, sweetheart. Your daughter. She's travelling the stars with that Doctor, she always has been."

"Don't be ridiculous." She protests, rolling her eyes and scoffing.

"Oh come on, open your eyes. Look up at the sky, look at... the Daleks. You can't start denying things now."

"You're my last hope. If we can't find Donna, can't find the Doctor." Rose says calmly, although she is panicking. She's seen all of this happen on her own parallel Earth. Rose looks down at the floor, and pulls her phone out of her pocket. She dials a number and gets an automated response. "I need to find him." She pleads. "Where is he?"

***

TARDIS

"Doctor, where are we?" You ask.

"The Medusa Cascade. This is where the trail stops. I came here when I was a kid, just ninety years old. It was the centre of a rift in time and space." The Doctor opens the TARDIS doors and stares out into the cascade. You wander over too, looking out into the multi-coloured nebula before you. Donna is the last to join, she looks out and then turns away, holding her hands over her face.

You look up at the Doctor, and you can see he is distressed, there's no way he can hide it. "Doctor, we'll find Earth. I promise you." You reassure him, before turning to console Donna. She's panicking. "Donna, the Doctor will find our home. You have to give him time, he'll crack it. I've seen him do it before. Well, not save the Earth from being misplaced... but you get the idea. He saves us all on a daily basis, and the majority of the time, no one even notices." You wrap your arms around her, and she does the same. She begins crying into your shoulder, and you move to stroke her hair.

"Please stop panicking, or you're going to make me panic." You joke, hiding your true emotions so you don't make the situation worse.

Ring Ring!!!

"Phone!" You shout, running over to pick it up. "Martha? Is that you? The line's dead, Doctor! But it definitely went off! Can you trace it?"

"Oh, you watch me." The Doctor's confidence comes back, and he closes the doors. He strides over to you and takes the phone. He pulls out a stethoscope and slams it onto the phone. "Got it! Locking on! The phone call is one second into the future! Hold on guys! It'll pull us through!"

The Doctor grabs onto the console, and you do too. Donna runs over and does the same. The TARDIS begins to catch fire and fall apart as you travel across the universe to where the call was coming from. Donna begins screaming and you copy her, looking at the Doctor. He looks so determined. "Doctor! I can't hold on much longer!" You shout, and he looks at you and grabs your hand.

***

The twenty six planets begin to come into view as you're pulled one second into the future. A fine line, but you made it. You've found the Earth!

An incoming message interrupts your thoughts, the monitor on the console beginning to buzz. "It's some sort of subwave network, let me get the right frequency and... Got it!" The monitor divides into four sections with you three in one, another section displaying Torchwood and the next showing Martha and her mother, Francine. The last section shows a middle-aged woman and a younger boy, neither one of them look familiar to you.

"Doctor! Oh thank God!" Martha exclaims, and laughs. "Y/N! Donna! Thank God you're both still with him!"

"Martha! Oh my! How did you reach us?" You ask, ecstatic that she finally got through to the three of you.

"The Subwave Network. Harriet Jones set it up to get in contact with the TARDIS. She gave her life to get you all here." Martha explains.

"Oh..." You reply.

"Y/N! It's so good to see you!" Jack shouts, "Ianto! Gwen! Come meet the girl who saved me from the Master!" Two other people enter the frame, and you instantly put the names to the faces.

"So nice to meet you both, and to see you again Jack!" You reply with a smile.

"Who are these people?" Donna asks.

"Torchwood." You state, and the Doctor smiles at you.

"It's the Daleks!" The mystery woman shouts, the other nodding in agreement.

"Sarah Jane! It's amazing to see you still looking out for Earth!" The Doctor exclaims, "Y/N, Donna, meet my oldest companion. Sarah Jane, meet my newest companions."

"Lovely to meet you both, you could have introduced me differently though Doctor. Made me feel old!" She laughs.

"Sarah Jane used to travel with me, when I had a different face." The Doctor explains. "Well, a few different faces." You and Donna stare at each other in confusion, but laugh it off.

"I'm so confused right now." Donna laughs.

"Wait, Sarah. Did you say Daleks?" The Doctor finally realises what was said, destroying the moment of joy you all were having. You were too busy staring at the monitor to notice what the Doctor said.