Chapter 27 - A Vampire?

End of Chapter 26 -

"But you're engaged to Rory." The Doctor replies, his voice trembling slightly. "What about Rory?"

"I won't tell if you don't." She winks before pushing him down onto the bed. Amy hovers over him before bending down and kissing the Doctor. His eyes widen as he pushes Amy off of him. "Doctor? What's wrong?"

"I love Y/N!" The Doctor shouts, looking to the door before standing up. "I love Y/N. I won't tell Rory that you kissed me if you don't tell Y/N that I love them."

"Okay Doctor."

***

The Doctor leaves Amy's room and sighs, closing the door behind him. He heads back to the console room, setting his eyes on you. Smiling, he jumps down the stairs and plans the next adventure. "Doctor, how is Amy?" The Doctor is interrupted from his thoughts as you question him about Amy. "Why is she acting hostile towards me?"

"Oh she's just a little bit jealous of you. She kissed me." He explains and shudders as the words leave his mouth.

"Woah..." You sigh slightly.

"I didn't kiss back though, I pushed her off me before she could get any further." The Doctor continues, scratching the back of his neck and looking down. Does he regret it? It looks like he does. 

"It's fine Doctor, don't worry! We had something when you were a different man, but that ended when you left me in space. I'm not upset by it." You reassure him. "Doctor, where's my room? It's just the whole TARDIS is different now, and I don't know how to get there." You laugh.

"Up the stairs, second corridor on the left and the first room on the right." He answers, gesturing towards the stairs with a small smile. You turn on your heel and walk towards the stairs. The Doctor sighs again before beginning to pilot the TARDIS to your next destination. But first, he must pick someone else up...

***

Venice, 1580

The TARDIS comes to a halt, shaking slightly on impact with the ground. The Doctor pokes his head out of the box and looks around. "Yes, perfect! We made it! Amy, Rory, Y/N... Welcome to Venice. Venezia. La Serenissima. Impossible city. Preposterous city. Founded by refugees running from Attila the Hun. It was just a collection of little wooden huts in the middle of the marsh, but became one of the most powerful cities in the world. Constantly being invaded, constantly flooding, constantly just beautiful. Ah, you got to love Venice. So many people did. Byron, Napoleon, Casanova. Oh, that reminds me. 1580, that's all right, Casanova doesn't get born for a hundred and forty five years. Don't want to run into him, I owe him a chicken." 

"You owe Casanova a chicken?" You laugh, walking to the doors of the TARDIS and peering out slightly.

You're the first to exit the TARDIS, looking round in awe at one of the most romantic places in the whole world. Amy is the next to leave, tugging Rory out with her. The Doctor went to pick him up from his stag night when you and Amy were in your rooms. He explained what had happened with Amy, and thought taking him to Venice with you all would make it up to him. Clearly Amy and Rory aren't on good terms right now, and the Doctor was determined to do something about that, all the while fixing his relationship with you. He knew what he done was wrong, and he will fix it.

"Right you lot, go explore! Y/N, with me? I need to talk to you about something." The Doctor says, grabbing your hand and tugging you away from Amy and Rory. 

"I hate it when he disappears like that." Amy sighs, pulling Rory around with her. 

***

The Doctor walks you to the canal, and you look out at Venice sighing with happiness. You've always wanted to go to Venice, but never thought you would actually go, let alone to Venice in 1580. "Doctor, can I ask you something?" You ask, looking at him briefly before returning your gaze to the canal, watching the gondolas sail.

"Anything, Y/N."

"You know I'm not mad at you, right? Like, I knew Amy was going to come onto you at some point. I could sense it. I'm not upset about it. So if that's the reason we're here, for you to make up for it, you don't have to. I forgive you." You smile at him.

"Phew! I thought you wouldn't ever forgive me. I know we aren't together or anything, but I feel like we have a connection. Also, I picked up an anomaly in the TARDIS from this exact time period and place. The Calvierri School. That's the real reason we're here." He explains, laughing slightly. "Shall we? Like old times?" He asks, extending his elbow for you to hold onto his arm as you walked to the Calvierri School.

"Like old times." You giggle, and wrap your arm through his.

***

Outside the School

"You have my daughter, Isabella!" A man shouts through the gates. "Give her back to me!"

You and the Doctor exchange a look before walking towards the man. "Hello, I'm the Doctor and this is Y/N. We heard you shouting into the school, why?"

"I thought everyone knew about the Calvierri School? Something happens in there. Something magical, something evil. My own daughter didn't recognise me, and the girl who pushed me away, her face was like an animal." The man explains.

"I think it's time we meet the Headmistress. What's your name?" You reply.

"Guido. My name is Guido."

"Alright Guido, we'll get your daughter back. We promise. Now tell us more about this school and your daughter." The Doctor says, rubbing his hands together and hunching over slightly.

***

Elsewhere in Venice

Amy and Rory are wandering around, taking in all the sights and sounds of Venice. Rory is walking slightly behind Amy as she leads him down a street and into an alleyway. "What have you been doing then?" Rory asks, sparking a conversation between them after their awkward silence.

"Well running and fighting. I've been scared, more scared than I thought was possible." She starts.

Rory interrupts her, "did you miss me?"

Amy stops walking and turns to face him with an unreadable expression on her face. It's a mix of every emotion possible. "I knew I was coming back, just not when. Rory, this is our date. Let's not do this, not now."

"You're right, we are in Venice and it's 1580!" Rory says excitedly. 

The excitement of the both of them was paused when they stumble across a body laying in the alley. Rory is the first to run over, checking for a pulse. "There isn't a pulse. I'm going to check for any physical signs of injury." He turns the girl over and sees two holes in her neck. The girl is pale, almost as though she has no blood left in her body. Her once pink dress stained with drops of blood and her brown hair tossed in every direction possible. Rory sits up on his knees and gets his portable med-kit from his pocket. "Well that's odd. Amy, I think a vampire is here. That isn't possible, right?" Rory begins to panic slightly, alarming Amy.

"Vampire?" She asks, shocked.