『ᴍɪꜱᴀᴋɪ ꜱᴛᴀɪʀꜱ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8』

Yashiro noticed that after her experience with Minamoto, Hanako gave her the look of sadness which strained her heart. The way he spoke about being a murderer sent shivers down her spine. She realizes that even you held scissors as a weapon, understanding that she might have also killed someone in her past. Deep within her, she doubted your wicked actions. Someone as pure as you couldn't have murdered someone. . . It was uncharacteristic of you in her eyes. Although Hanako looked melancholic by himself, she saw how he and you interacted.

They were a lot closer than ever.

She saw the way he would smile more around you and play with your long hair, or ask to talk to you alone when Yashiro was busy. Her heart tightens at the thought of the two of you talking and being so close. In general, they were attached by the hip. Yashiro felt a little envious, but she liked the way you smiled. It was very cute and innocent, and she can't help but want to see it more often, even if it was with Hanako and not herself.

"Nene-chan! Are you listening?" Her purple hair friend Aoi, called out to her while holding onto a watering pot.

"I-I'm sorry. . . " She apologized.

"You're always staring out into space, Nene-chan. . . " Aoi smiled at her, "Oh! Maybe you have a new crush!"

Yashiro sighed and stuck the plastic tube of water into the soil to water the plants, "hmmm. . . I wish."

If she thought about the two ghosts, Hanako was totally not her type at all! He was short and childish! Not even close to being princely or romantic! Not to mention he was way too perverted for someone his age! And you were extremely gorgeous compared to her. . . She'd feel really inferior just standing next to you. Your sparkling eyes and charming personality were something to die for, in Yashiro's mind, if you were still alive today, you would be swarming with fans. She sighed under her breath, Yashiro won't deny that she does like the feeling of holding onto your hand.

"I know! Nene-chan, have you heard of this one?" Yashiro raised her eyebrow and shook her head.

"No.2 of the Seven Mysteries! The Misaki stairs. You must never step on the fourth step of that staircase. If you break that rule, you'll be dragged to the world of the dead. . . And your body will be torn to thousands, if not tens of thousands of pieces. They say that at twilight the blood of its victims drips down the stairs, even though no one can see its source."

"Wh-Which staircase is this. . . ?" Yashiro shook in fear.

"Stairway B in front of the art room. Lots of kids say they've seen the pools of blood!" The radish girl looked at her with timid eyes.

"Huh? I thought you liked these stories Nene-chan. . . "

"I do!" Yashiro thought to herself about each of the stories Aoi had given her in the past couple of weeks. She likes them a lot, but lately, all of Aoi's stories have come true, so she is afraid that she might even get caught up in the Misaki Stairs rumor.

"Okay, good! I'm not exactly a fan of scary stories. . . But I'll tell you as many as you want, Nene-chan, if it will help you feel better." It will not! Not when she just met Hanako, Yousei (otherwise known as the Mokke), and the Kuchisake-onna (Jiyuu)! Yashiro feels as if the more Aoi tells about these scary stories all of them will come true and haunt her for the rest of the school year.

"Hey! Akane-san, I think you're forgetting something." A teacher walked into the room, holding up a piece of paper with Aoi's information on it, "Today at four-thirty in the art room. You, me. Guidance counseling."

"Aah! That's right! I'll be there!" Aoi skipped over to the teacher who leaned against the doorframe, "I'll find another scary story for you! So cheer up okay!"

Yashiro awkwardly waved back, feeling a little touched at Aoi's thoughtfulness, 'Thanks Aoi. . . but you don't have to go looking for scary stories for me. . . '

She turned back to look at the flowers that Aoi had watered just earlier, "the flowers are blooming. . . Aoi will be so happy. She worked really hard to take care of them. I'll tell her about it tomorrow."

"There may be nights when you are alone and feel like you will be crushed with anxiety. . . " You quietly sang, ". . . but don't give in . . . I'll say it again, You will be happy."

"Are you ever going to tell me what you are singing Jiyuu?" You smiled and continued singing, Hanako noted that you might tell him later on in your friendship. Hanako toyed with your hair in the girl's restroom, looking back and forth on a magazine about traditional Japanese hairstyles. You giggled as he dug through his pockets to find a cute accessory to clip your hair. You sang the same tune, again and again, singing for Hanako as he combed through your hair with his fingers.

"Hanako, what do you think Yashiro-chan is doing?" You asked, he hummed in response as he finally found the hairclip he wanted and slid it through your bun.

"Probably looking at hot guys or something." Hanako's eyes shined in excitement, "Tada! Look at your new hair!"

You reached up to touch the bun and smiled. The style of it was very elegant and amazing, considering that Hanako merely used a magazine to do your hair. It reminded you of when you learned to style your hair, except you had to learn it from the other women in the village. You shyly tapped his finger before intertwining your hands together. You could feel the voice within you trying to tear you and Hanako apart, but with him by your side, his smile. . .

Just washes it all away.

Ever since the incident with the flowers, he stayed by your side and brought you comfort when you thought you never needed it. The voice within you had softened into a whisper within your mind. It's been sort of a habit to hold his hand when you felt like it, he liked being able to share some affection too. You were able to let go of your fan and be able to expose yourself to Hanako when it was just the two of you. You knew that eventually, you'll be able to tell each other the truth about yourselves when the time comes. But for now, you just wanted to enjoy each other's comfort.

"Hey Jiyuu, do you think with us being by each other's side, would they call us a shota and loli?"

"Ehhh? I remember you told me that anyone who was attracted to those things was called 'shotacons' and 'lolicons'. . ."

"That's right! You're learning very fast! Yay!"

"Haha, that's wonderful!" You and Hanako high-fived each other while Yashiro felt a cold shiver go through her. She felt this telepathic feeling. . . it was as if leaving you with Hanako was a curse and blessing. . .

Little did any of you guys know, the next day would be an extremely sour one.