二十三

『ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23』

'I know what I said to Teru-nii. . . But my heart's not into it like I was before. Most of all, I think I would make senpai sad if I exorcised them. . . So instead I'm gonna find something to convince Teru-nii! Even. . . ' Kou crawled underneath the school window, a pair of branches in each of his hand with binoculars tied to the side of his head. . . . 'If it means cutting class!'

The blond started to shuffle around, trying to avoid being caught by any passersby and finding the two spirits of the school. 'I'm gonna stick to him like glue all day and find proof that they aren't bad supernaturals!'

Kou sat up against one of the corners, peering beside it and witnessing you and Hanako boost each other up to a window. Hanako had a large bag on his back while you both stretched upwards at the window with you using a stick to hit something. 'But man. . . these two. . . '

'Are really suspicious.' He sweatdropped and awkwardly watched as the two of you tried to grab something from the very top. Kou tried to lean in forward more in order to get a better position to see exactly what you and Hanako were doing but mistakenly rustled the bushes.

"Is someone there?" Kou jolted and quickly hid right underneath the window as the teacher looked outside.

The man shrugged and turned back inside, "maybe it was a civet. . . " he walked towards the class while scratching the back of his neck.

'That was close. . . If he'd found me, he would've hauled me back to class. I better be more careful.' Kou let out a sigh of relief and when he turned around to look at the two of you, you were already up in his face.

"Whatcha doin'?" You and Hanako hovered upside down in front of him.

"I never took you as the creeper type Minamoto-san. . . " You raised an eyebrow at him while he internally screamed at the accusation.

"Noooooooo!"

"You're spying on us to see if we're doing anything bad?" Hanako pointed at the young boy, "you're skipping class, just for me. Such passion!" You snorted at the statement, covering your mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Seriously? Minamoto-san seems more like a stalker now!"

"It's not for you! I'm doing it to reveal your evil deeds!" Kou defended, waving his hands around to convince them. However, this was a complete bluff made up by him. It was quite obvious that he was trying to help the two of you avoid any sort of harm from his older brother. "Just gimmie that!"

Kou yanked the giant bag off of Hanako as you two watched him untie the wrap, revealing numerous stolen items that he could recognize the owners. He looked towards the both of you in a mix of disappointment and shock.

"It's not what you think." Hanako deadpanned as he gave you several pats on the head, "the Mokke took them."

He continued to brush the strands of hair out of your face, "I had Yashiro change the rumors. . . But I still can't get 'em to shake their thieving habits. So every once in a while, I collect everything that seems valuable and take it all back to their owners." Hanako held up someone's math book to emphasize his statement.

"The Mokke likes to hide their trophies all over the place, so we're looking for them." You gave him a smile and toyed with Hanako's hand, the Mokke shouting out their favorite things about thieving and how they can't let their habits go. "It's always been their nature. Cut them some slack." You puffed out your cheeks as Hanako pinched them, a strange 'bloof' noise erupting from between your lips.

'So they weren't doing anything bad. . . ' Kou looked down at the Mokke in his lap and grinned.

"So hey kid, could you do me a little favor?" Hanako got up and pointed to the nearby building, "over there."

Kou used his hand to block out the sun in order to clearly see the building near them, ". . . what? Is something stuck up there?"

"Yeah, it looks like." Hanako held your hand as you nodded.

"It was hard work getting it there." The Mokke responded, "but we're too scared to get it back."

"And we can't get to it ourselves, it's 'quite the pickle.'" You continued, silently squeezing Hanako's hand.

"Well. . . Okay." Kou decided to help you guys in the end.

"Hngh!" Kou struggled to hold you and Hanako up, his arms and body trembling intensely.

"A little more to the right Minamoto-san. . . " You reached out to the mysterious object with Hanako gripping onto your leg with one hand and your skirt with the other.

"Hehe. . . Jiyuu don't you think this is a little scandalous for you?" Hanako snickered, still holding onto you tightly as you puffed out your cheeks. "I can see your panties! They're whit-" He was interrupted with a kick to the face as you huffed.

"You guys. . . ! You're a ghost, why are you so heavy!?" Kou groaned, sobbing at the sheer weight of you and Hanako.

"That's rude!" Hanako responded.

"Why can't you just float!?"

"Because we can't float this high! Also, a little lower. . . " Kou sighed at his response while he placed his right foot onto the window edge, trying to give leverage to his side. "Sorry about this." Hanako apologized, giving the young Minamoto a sympathetic look.

"It just seemed important to somebody. . . So that's why we're trying to get it back!" You continued, your arms stretching so far you could start to feel the object on the tips of your finger.

'. . . I can't. I just can't see them as bad supernaturals, Teru-nii. . . ' Kou thought, frowning at the recent conversation with his brother.

There's no such thing as a 'good supernatural.'

'Is. . . Is that really true? Maybe Teru-nii just doesn't know. . . and maybe there aren't that many of them. But there have to be some good ones. . . '

The wind violently blew against you and Hanako, the breeze being so strong, Kou let go of Hanako's ankles as you both started to fall from the very top. You gasped as Hanako held onto your body tightly. Kou attempted to grab onto Hanako again, only for him to miss by a few centimeters and the two of you falling.

"Shit!"