十八

『ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢꜱ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18』

Ever since that day, the voice inside of you settled down quietly. . .

"Wahh! Jiyuu-chan looks too cute!" Yashiro gushed over your new outfit.

Since your old kimono was torn to shreds, Hanako decided to bring out a new one that he had. Yashiro couldn't provide you with her clothes since you were merely a spirit, but luckily Hanako had something to give you in order to cover your body. Although you had no shame within the bandages wrapped around your nude body, everyone else called it immodest. Hanako just so happened to have an extra spare.

Although it wasn't a kimono, it gave you an underlying warmth as you wore it. It was different from your usual attire, giving you a sense of freedom as you weren't confined to traditional clothing. You felt like a new person, and you loved it. You loved every second of your life as you gowned this military-styled outfit. It made you feel as if you could fight anyone and anything that stands in your way, and you thought that was an amazing feeling. The term people use to describe this feeling is. . . Vibing?

You were vibing.

You had a simple, black, one-breasted coat with a white dress shirt underneath, your tie fastened around your neck. You had what you could describe as a modern-day skirt with its white trim. The belt emphasized your waistline while you wore a red jacket with various tactical straps. You thought this was an odd accessory, but it seemed to keep your clothes stuck to your body. The bold red color mixed with the black and white gave you an intimidating and powerful aura. The fabric was a lot lighter compared to your kimono, but it wasn't as silky as you were accustomed to. You could have worn a yukata, a lighter and cotton fabric outfit, but many girls during your time wore the heavier fabric to combat the cold winter. However, now that the winters have subsided with their cold breaths, you felt as if you could abandon your ways.

"And this!" Hanako plopped a similar-looking hat to him onto your head, completing your new transformation. "Now we are matching!"

You giggled and touched the hat on your head, feeling the weight of an unfamiliar object and familiarizing yourself. The wind blew towards your skirt, the breeze lifting it up as you pulled it down sheepishly. Yashiro, who often referred to herself as 'not a pervert' unconsciously saw the lack of clothing you wore underneath.

"Uhm. . . Jiyuu-chan. . . " Yashiro scratched her cheek awkwardly, "Are you wearing. . . panties. . . ?"

You turned to look at her and gave her a blank look, "what are those?"

She screamed as she covered Hanako's eyes with her hands, the boy squeaking and resisting in response, "why haven't you worn any?!" She shook Hanako around, demanding that he give you something to wear underneath.

"But. . . in our village, those types of undergarments weren't worn with my clothing." Hanako pushed away Yashiro's hand and pinched your cheek.

"Oh? You must be a pervert yourself then (Y/n). . . " He carefully whispered in your ear, avoiding Yashiro's protests as he smirked, "You could have asked me for one. . . "

"You're a girl?" He deadpanned and walked away in a grayish state.

"Oh okay. . . Goodbye. . . "

"W-Wait! Hanako-kun don't leave her alone without underwear!"

After solving your underwear problem, Yashiro went back to class. The radish-colored girl carried a watering can as she walked around during her Gardening class, watering the different plants. She sighed as she thought about Hanako and you, coming to terms that both of you were absolute troublemakers in the blood. Not literally, but metaphorically. Although you were considered a troublemaker, Yashiro could have almost overlooked it as part of your curious nature. . . But when you were with Hanako it seemed as if all common sense and law had been thrown out the window, your sweet and innocent personality being heavily tainted by Hanako's perverted mind.

She internally shed a tear at that.

It has only been around a month since she met Hanako and she wondered if her life would ever go back to being 'normal'. Nothing good came out of Hanako, which was her first thought. But as she walked around carelessly, she started to realize her pessimistic state and snapped out of it.

'You can't avoid Hanako-kun anyway. . . Yeah! Good things come of it, remember?!' She shook her head, trying to rid her mind of those negative emotions she felt towards the ghostly boy. 'I got to meet the adorable Mokke-chan. And I was able to help Aoi. . . '

'If it wasn't for him. . . I wouldn't have met Jiyuu-chan.' She bashfully smiled, a pinkish hue brushing over her cheeks, 'and I'm grateful for that.'

'But. . . Those two have been really close lately and it's giving my heart this itchy feeling!' Yashiro scratched her chest, trying to get rid of the unpleasant sensation. 'I know that they're both ghosts and they have a lot of things in common, but the way Jiyuu-chan looks at me makes my heart go doki-doki!'

Yashiro gripped her watering can as she accidentally overwaters the plants, 'Not only that. . . She even said she would protect me, and she really did before.' Her mind trails off, remembering the times where you had given her another chance at life from Yako, especially from that scissor attack that almost got her head. Or when you told her that you were stronger than another man, she could remember the way her heart pounded against her skin as you held her hand.

You were so drop-dead-gorgeous that Yashiro couldn't take her eyes off of you when Hanako gave you a new pair of clothes to wear. It was refreshing to see you wear something other than traditional clothing, it almost made you look more like her age than an older woman. You seemed to smile a lot when you wore it as well giving Yashiro a warm sensation within her beating heart.

'D-Do I. . .' She looked up at the classroom near the very top, 'Do I like her?'

"Nene-chan, what's up? You're making funny faces." Aoi appeared behind her, scaring Yashiro. The radish-colored girl ran up to her, gripping onto her shoulders.

"Aoi!"