十三

『ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪꜱᴀᴋɪ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13』

After completing countless trials and tasks, you finally put in the last piece (which was the head that Minamoto decided to choose). In your honest opinion, the round head was something you could only describe as borderline cute and ugly. However, you cannot deny that by throwing random parts into the shrine, you were able to complete the assignments much faster. As the door opened, Yashiro looked back at all the body parts they had chosen.

'If she's making us look for her body. . . because she can't do anything about it. . . Then who in the world is making those phone calls?'

When the door opened, the floor was covered in water and flower petals. There were rocks in the water? Yashiro couldn't put her finger on it, but it certainly didn't feel like a rock, but she decided to overlook that detail as it might scare her more than inform her. In the corner of her eye, she could see the rock have the shape of a human head.

"Look over there!" Yashiro pointed at the moving person coming straight towards them in a chair.

"Th-Thats-!"

The 'person' that rolled out was actually, in fact, the monster they had created. . . It's round head and bulky torso. . . It's disproportional arms and legs were simply horrific. Not to mention, it was wearing a skirt, you couldn't even tell if it was supposed to be a female or not, but it certainly looked like a monster.

"Are those all the parts we collected. . . ?" Minamoto looked in disbelief, 'this thing looks like actual crap'.

You and Hanako stared at it and in response, "Yikes!"

Yashiro cradled her cheeks in her hands as she turned away from the monstrosity, "the bust size and left leg are so perfect but. . . "

"Really? You'd be okay with a bust like this?" Hanako whispered, "that's kinda scary."

The sounds of footsteps came closer and closer, the feeling of water rippling underneath brought everyone's attention to the new approaching figure.

"You finally made it." The woman's voice from the phone came from behind.

You noticed that she looked quite beautiful, her long hair put into a bun and a pretty kimono. She was carrying a lantern of some sort in her hand and smiled. Although you could tell that she wasn't remotely human based on her cat-like eyes, her pupils being just mere slits. Everyone gawked at her appearance while you scoffed.

You were sure you've seen this woman before.

The woman who everyone assumed as Misaki rushed pass everyone, her footsteps sounding like skuffs. She caressed the doll's cheek and quietly stared at the doll.

"Uh, uhm. . . About that doll. . . B-believe it or not, we did try our best. . . " Her intense stare carried over her shoulder and she gave Yashiro and Minamoto a death stare.

"What a wonderful body!" She smiled, shocking the entire crowd who recently thought that the doll should have been burned.

"Eek. . . Not only is she beautiful, but she's also pretty delusional." You whispered into Hanako's ear. "It's really creeping me out. . . "

She walked over to Yashiro and held onto her hand, turning back and forth bashfully.

"I was at such a loss, you see. I simply have no idea what human bodies are made of. . . " She sighed, "I always knew it was a good idea to ask humans about human things."

Even as a ghost, you were ten-thousand percent sure what a human looks like.

"This is nothing like any of the other bodies I've had made. I'm sure it will work this time." She gently caressed the doll before breathing onto it with a cloud of mysterious smoke, "go on! Let me see you walk."