十九

『ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ᴛʀᴇᴇ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19』

"I think you like someone!" Aoi clapped her hands together in joy, "It sounds like they like you too!"

"R-Really?!" Yashiro held her hands together in joy.

"With the things they say and do, it sounds like they're in love with you!"

"B-But I don't know how to put this. . . " She scratched her cheek, "it's just she's a girl and she is really clueless about a lot of things!"

Aoi sweatdropped, "a girl. . . ? Nene-chan that doesn't sound like your type at all!"

Yashiro internally screamed. You were undeniably beautiful, but there were other aspects of you that were totally different from her dream guy! You weren't even a guy! You were a traditionalist, panty-less, an innocent and clueless girl who is a ghost. You were surprisingly good in a fight despite the advantage Yako had on you. You were really good at fighting actually. . . What if you were her knight in shining armor. . . but in disguise?!

Although you held a lot of flaws, Yashiro felt as if they weren't imperfections at all. They made you unique in a way. There was no other girl she had met who shared the same curious spirit as you, or the power to withstand anything that comes in your way. You seemed to be destined for so much, and yet you were here as a spirit. Her heart ached at the fact that she barely has any time to spend with you because of Hanako and other ghosts, leaving her with little to no information about you whatsoever. But. . . That doesn't stop her from wanting to know you more and understanding you.

You were an inspiration to her, and she wanted to be there with you. . .

She originally thought that Hanako and her might have had a thing, but she can't deny the fact that her heart beats the fastest around you.

"W-W-What if she confesses!" Yashiro pinched her own cheeks, trying to see if this is all a dream, "I don't know what I would doooo!"

Aoi placed a finger on her bottom lip, "But. . . Why don't you date her, just to try it out?" She suggested.

"What?!"

"Cos' you know, you're not used to dealing with men, Nene-chan. You're easily fooled by a pretty face." Aoi teased, "And it's all about the experience! And maybe you'll like her more than you think!"

Yashiro turned to the side, "But. . . she seems to be really close to someone else already." She nervously clenched her skirt, "I don't know if they'll end up together. . . "

Aoi gave her friend a pitiful look, feeling sympathy for the young girl who finally found someone desirable (who isn't just a dream). "Then. . . Maybe try getting to know her more before he does?" She giggled.

"Anyway, you should make sure you're emotionally prepared. At the rate you're going, she's sure to confess soon!"

"You think so?! Do you really think so?"

Aoi held her friend's hand with her gloved ones, "well, it is the big thing these days!"

"What. . . ? Confessing love?" Aoi pointed outside to the large tree.

"See? Over there. The Confession Tree." The purple-haired girl turned back to see her friend, "they say that the God of romance grew that tree. . . and any couple who confess their love under it will be bound together in love."

"What a cliche. . . "

"Look! Somebody's there!" "No way!"

Underneath the Confession Tree, there stood two boys. It was Class 1-A's seat number 1, Akane Aoi. He had a short haircut with glasses, rumors say that he is still trying to get with the female Aoi.

"Aoi-chan. . . " He spoke up, the female getting shocked at the mention of her name as he bowed, "I love you! Please go out with me!"

"Oh? Sure why not." Akane's friend rolled his eyes while he scrolled through his phone.

He was Class 1-A's seat number 24, Lemon Yamabuki. He looked similar to a delinquent, with his flamboyant aura and headband that pulled his hair back. You could think he's a troublemaker, but he was close to Akane and a good-spirited boy.

"Take this seriously!" Akane ruthlessly smacked his friend, trying to get him to act more like Aoi in order to practice.

Aoi waved her hand and turned to Yashiro, "guess he was practicing." She gave a closed eye smile, "those two aside. . . Haven't you noticed all the new couples in our class?" She asked, whispering into Yashiro's ear.

"Now that you mentioned it. . . Yeah."

"Almost all of them are couples who successfully confessed their love under that tree!" Yashiro awed at the new information, secretly daydreaming about the day where you'll be able to confess to her.

"That certain someone might be asking to meet you under that tree before you know it Nene-chan!"

Yashiro felt her face growing hot and a flowery atmosphere surrounding her, a shining hope glimmering in her eyes as she smiled. She could feel her ego boost at Aoi's statement.

"Yashiro-san!" "Hey, Yashiro." You waved at her in the hallway with Hanako trailing behind you.

"After school tomorrow. . . will you come to the giant tree in the practice garden with us?" You both said in unison while you grasped onto her shoulder, your hat bouncing with every move.

"You mean the confession tr-. . . " Hanako laughed as Yashiro trailed off in her sentence.

"Oh, you know about it. That saves me the trouble of explaining!" The two of you whispered in her ear, "so we'll see you there."

Yashiro's face exploded with red as you and Hanako walked away. Her blush intensifying as her brain repeats the scene that just happened in front of her.

A double confession. . . ?!