二十二

『ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴇxᴏʀᴄɪꜱᴛ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22』

"You want our personal data? What are you gonna use it for?" Hanako smirked, his left hand gripping yours while his other is on his chin. "Pervert."

You rolled your eyes at the sight of the constant bickering. You let out a sigh as you stared at Yashiro's open magazine which was filled with compatibility horoscopes.

"It's not p-p-perverted! I'm doing a compatibility horoscope!" You hummed at her reasoning.

"I think we can see that Yashiro-san." You reached out to pinch her cheeks.

"Umm. . . Why are y'all squishing me. . . " Minamoto looked at the floor awkwardly, it almost seemed as if he was going through a life crisis. You and Hanako puffed out your cheeks as you pointed at Yashiro.

"Because Yashiro won't leave us alone." Yashiro gasped in fake hurt.

"Because you won't tell me anything, Hanako-kun! Jiyuu-chan!" She held onto her magazine tightly to her chest, "all I'm asking for is your real name, blood type, family structure, and date of death! Meanie!"

You gawked in surprise, "what kind of thing would ask for the date of our deaths? Isn't that too specific!"

"Yeah!" Hanako pumped his fist up in retaliation towards Yashiro. He crossed his leg over the other and rested his arm there, his hand still under his chin as he stared off into the distance, "Come on. If you wanna do a compatibility horoscope, do it with one of your crushes. Like Minamoto-senpai or somebody." He huffed.

"Minamoto-senpai?" Minamoto stared at him in confusion, was he addressing him? If so, why use the term senpai when he was younger than everyone?"

Yashiro profusely blushed, "M-Minamoto-senpai wasn't a crush, so much as, like a dream!" She flailed her arms around, trying to convince everyone on the bench that. "Like a tv personality or a pop star. You're happy just watching them, even knowing you can never be together!"

You could even imagine the tall blond in some sort of stage, waving to his fans with his book still in his other hand. You sweatdropped at that imagination as Yashiro continued to talk, "he's the student council president, and he's handsome and so smart. . . " You and Hanako noticed the mentioned blond walk closer to Yashiro while she was unaware of his presence, "Minamoto-senpai. . . what a charming prince. . . " She continued to doze off while you and Hanako looked at each other and then back to her.

"Why thank you. . . " The older Minamoto finally snapped Yashiro out of her thoughts, his voice cutting through so easily and causing the radish girl to squeal as he gave her a gentle smile, "I'm sorry. . . I didn't mean to frighten you. . . " He scratched his cheek bashfully. Your eye twitched as you saw sparkles surrounding his figure.

You could easily tell that he was an exorcist, there was no denying it. You squeezed Hanako's hand tightly, your eyes glaring at the young man. It was obvious that he was extremely attractive (perhaps too much for his own good) but having another exorcist here meant there would be trouble. You felt uneasy on the inside as you watched him interact with Yashiro. The older Minamoto looked in the corner of his eye, catching your gaze and giving you a smile.

What the hell is he up to? You sneered back at him.

Yashiro stuttered as she started to walk back towards the exit, "M-M-M-Minamoto-senpai!"

"Nii-chan!" The younger Minamoto called out to his brother, running up to him.

"I've been looking for you Kou." The older Minamoto playfully slapped his brother in the face with his clipboard while the other smiled.

Kou watched as his brother started to trail towards Yashiro, "and you're Yashiro-san? I don't believe we met." He gave her his signature smiles, "I'm Teru Minamoto. Thank you for always being so kind to my brother."

You could see the hearts in Yashiro's eyes as she nodded, "yes sir. . . " she swooned.

"And. . . " Teru glanced over at you and Hanako, the two of you flinching, "you guys." He gave you and Hanako a cold glare, one full of hatred and anger.

"Kou, come here." He called out to his brother, leading him away from the others and down the stairs.

Yashiro squeezed her own cheeks in admiration before snapping into reality, "oh yeah! They have the same surname!"

"Took you long enough. . . " You and Hanako sweatdropped.

"I thought we talked about this, Kou." Teru leaned up against the staircase, looking down at his shorter brother, "if you ever encounter any of the Seven Mysteries, you are to expel them immediately. . . " Kou gulped at his tone of voice, it's serious tone bringing fear to his heart.

"We discussed that the change that's taken place in the school's supernaturals, remember? But we can't say that's the case anymore. We've only tolerated them for this long. . . because there was never a danger of them dealing lethal damage to the students." Kou looked up at his brother as Teru continued on, "the Seven Mysteries are the most powerful supernaturals in the school. They present the greatest danger. And we must nip that danger in the bud."

"But y'know. . . Lately. . . I just. . . I just can't see them as bad supernaturals." Kou spoke, his eyes unsure and weary. "I mean he does piss me off. And I'll never forgive him for hanging out in the girls' bathrooms and I know that Jiyuu-senpai might not forgive me for what happened before. . . but they helped everybody else too."

You grabbed onto the blade and pulled it apart, effectively ripping it in half. . .

. . .

'They're my friends. . . ' You breathed heavily, trying to regain your strength, "and I'll protect them!" You trembled, you could feel your legs attempting to give up on you.

. . .

'I need. . . to get to. . . the others.' You coughed, your body shaking from the pain as you gripped onto his shirt, pleading him to get you to Yashiro and Hanako. He felt his heart twist and turn at your pitiful expression, you looked like you're in so much pain. . . And yet you still want to do everything you can for them. Kou's body shivered at your determination and recklessness as he declined your pleas. Kou clenched his fists at the memory.

"Kou." He jumped at the sound of his name, "supernaturals will always be a danger to the living." Teru stared into his eyes with fierce intensity.

"There is no such thing as a 'good supernatural.'"