Chapter 7

Coming on here as a little rant haha. I'm Hello! As you can see, I have updated my story, but not because of a death threat. I want everyone to know that I'm trying to update latest once a week so just keep that in mind. I'm sorry I sound a little bitter. I really do love and appreciate everyone who reads this and enjoys the story! And I don't mind too much when people ask me to update (though keep in mind I try to do once a week). However, I don't appreciate when people say "UPDATE!!! Or I'll find you and kill u". If it was from a friend or reader of a long time, I wouldn't be too concerned as it is probably a joke but I don't appreciate comments like that from people who I don't know of and who I didn't know read my story. Plus I don't appreciate it from someone who, based on their profile picture, is a middle aged man. Please do not comment that kind of stuff on this story, thank you. For everyone else, thank you for the lovely comments and please enjoy!!

As Raymond accompanied me inside, I tried to test my breath and smell under my armpit until Raymond gave me a weird look. I was actually going to see Erica again. I've been dreaming about this moment for a long time. It was happening. I just hoped I looked acceptable and I smelled good.

Right before we entered the vast doors to her house, I got really nervous. I hoped she still remembered me as well as I did her and she still maybe even liked me. No I can't think like that. I thought. I think she's dating a really hot celebrity. I was getting delirious and stressed out. What do we even have in common now? Her schedule is probably so busy, she doesn't have time to help me with my case! And even if she had time, would she want to? Erica has probably way better things to do. This was a dumb idea!

But before I could dwell on it too much, Raymond lead me past the great foyer and into a big, beautiful living room and kitchen. It was open concept and very white with straight cut lines through. There was a giant, crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, which was three stories high. Floor to ceiling windows were in the walls, showing a gorgeous view of downtown Los Angeles.

But most importantly, sitting at the island of the kitchen, was Erica Hale.

She smiled at me as I gaped at her. She was gorgeous. Erica was wearing light makeup and her dark, raven hair was straightened and down to the middle of her back. She was wearing stylish (and I'm pretty sure designer) clothes and was eating a salad. I suddenly lost all coherent thought and didn't know what to say.

Luckily, the security guard broke the silence, "Miss. Handler, I'll stay here to make sure everything goes smoothly."

Erica turned and smiled at him, "No it's okay, Ray. I trust him. In fact, I want everyone out. I want to talk to Ben in private. And tell Scott, if he needs anything, to wait until I'm done."

"But ma'am, are you-" Raymond was cut off by Erica's light blue eyes piercing into him.

"Of course, ma'am. If you need anything, please let me know." With that, the big man left.

"Uh..." was all I managed to stutter out.

Erica smiled at me, "Hi Ben."

"Wow... um... hi." I felt so awkward. Even though we were standing only a few feet apart from each other, it felt like there were miles between us.

Erica smirked, reminding me of her old self, "That's it? Hi? How about you tell me why you randomly show up unannounced at my house after ten years?" She said this jokingly and lightly.

"I... um... can we talk?" I asked a bit meekly. I didn't want to be this way when I arrived but I couldn't help it. I'd been looking forward to this moment for a long time.

"Yeah, of course. Are you okay? This is so unexpected." She got down from the island and gestured me to sit down on this giant wraparound loveseat/couch thing. It overlooked LA.