Chapter 12

Warning: This ones kinda long. It got away from me. Thanks for waiting! Now that I'm stuck in self quarantine for the next two weeks, my updates will definitely come on time and maybe even earlier if I'm feeling up to it! We get to some more exciting stuff in this chapter.
Also, there is one point where a chapter says the F word. I did bleep one letter out, but it is clear what it is so just be warned. This book is not as PG as Clash of Spies since they're adults now, so just FYI. Also everyone be safe and wash your hands. COVID19 is spreading rapidly right now. Alright on that note, please enjoy!

It took me a while to process that we were finally at Zoe's house as we got out of the car. Erica walked up on the porch first and then I followed. She rang the doorbell.

We heard a dog barking, a sequel of a child and little footsteps running towards the door. The door suddenly swung open to reveal a little boy with sea green eyes and a big toothy grin looking up at us. The boy looked about three years old, had light blonde hair, piercing sea green eyes and a cute, playful smile. Oh my god. That was Zoe's son. I could see parts of her in this boy. Their eyes were the exact same color. Zoe's hair was a darker shade of blonde than the kid's but they had almost the exact same face shape.

"Are you Dory the Doctor?!" The kid exclaimed in awe. He had a cute little kid lisp.

I whirled around to look at Erica due to the kid's comment, "Who?"

Erica shot me an embarrassed side look, "I was on this kid show as a guest star. It was a show like Sesame Street. He must have seen me on that."

I snorted in hidden laughter. I would love to see the Ice Queen on a kids show.

I was jarred out of my thoughts by someone coming up behind the little boy.

"Jackson," we could hear this person say, although we couldn't see them yet, "What did I say about opening the door?"

The boy, Jackson apparently, turned around sheepishly, "Not to do it. Sorry mommy."

The person chuckled and came into the doorframe, but their head was down, looking at her son. She ruffled his hair.

She finally looked up, "What can I do for- oh my god."

I haven't seen Zoe in ten years. She even stopped posting pictures on Instagram three or so years ago. Her hair was dark blonde in a messy bun at the top of her head. She was wearing a loose t-shirt and gray sweatpants. It looked like she was in the middle of baking, as she had flour on her clothes. Zoe looked almost the same, no different features, just older, obviously. She was still very pretty though. My feelings for her were over, however, since she was married and I haven't seen her in so long.

"Hey Zoe," Erica smiled and they embraced. She still looked in shock.

"Uh... hi," Zoe looked like she was having trouble processing all of it, "What, who... why are you here? It's good to see you! Come on in!"

We both expertly avoided eye contact. It was super awkward. I don't know why it should have been, she was married and I was over her. But remembering all those feelings while being reminded she was married was the uncomfortable part.

Her house was nicely decorated. It had dark brown hardwood floors and stairs leading up to a second level. The house was painted very lightly. All throughout the house there were pictures of the family and the kids and even had some artwork by Jackson framed. I noticed a family picture. It was of Zoe, her husband, Jackson and their newborn girl. It seemed to have taken been taken a year ago.

Zoe led us to the main living and kitchen area. She had a huge kitchen with a giant island. It was open concept, so there was a rustic dining table and the living room was visible from here. It felt super homey and happy, with soft light colors and pictures hanging on the walls. Jackson's toys were everywhere and there were some cribs and other stuff for the newborn.