Chapter 10

Er... I realize these authors notes have become something where I apologize for being late to update. And this is no exception. ;) Sorry about that but here's a long chapter. School has been ever so stressful (timed write , math econ test, Japanese test and health test all tomorrow, plus a lacrosse game.) Thank you for all the positive feedback on everything! You guys are the best! Hope you all like the chapter! Please vote and review! Enjoy :)

Chip's house was only about 20 minutes away but with LA traffic it ended up being almost an hour. We made casual conversation about the weather or whatever but I could tell we both wanted to hear about each other and what's been going on but we weren't saying it.

Finally I decided to make the first move, something I don't, but should do more often.

"So Erica, tell me the truth about what happened after you left spy school. Not the Wikipedia version, the real version."

She looked at me briefly, then returned her eyes to the road. I could tell she knew I was going to ask, but she seemed hesitant to tell me. Erica did it anyway though.

"Well after I decided to leave spy school and the CIA for good, people freaked out. You did, Zoe did, Mike did, the principal did and even the director of the CIA freaked out. He had me on some track to become a field agent within a year. Hell, the director got the president of the United States to beg me to stay. But I still didn't stay. I wanted to-" I quickly cut Erica off.

"You said no to the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES?! Um... what?!" I was completely shocked. If the president even came up to me again, I'd freak out. Last time I was with him was stressed to the max. Also some guy was trying to kill him and I was supposed to figure it out... huh maybe that's why I was stressed. Oh how I've missed the spy life.

She shot me a slightly annoyed glance for cutting her off as she continued, "I did. Will you let me finish now? So anyway I decided to go to the high school near our house in New York. My dad was going to move in with me for the time being as my mom was busy with the MI6 at the time. My dad wasn't worried though if he had to go on a mission. He knew I was completely capable by myself. Anyway, so we moved to New York. I was a sophomore by public school standards so I started there. Public school, by the way, is awful. I can see why you and Mike were always complaining about it. The teachers suck, the campus sucks and the food, although better than Spy School, is disgusting. And school was so easy! All my classes were a piece of cake. I got moved up to the point where I was doing senior level math and acing it. You could have done it with your eyes closed, I swear. It was so easy, therefore I never worked. I didn't study or lift a finger that semester. That made me popular because I was 'that kid' that never studied yet got all A's. I was also pretty to many people so my popularity rose to being one of the most popular people at school. Kids always asked me about my time before they met me and I've always kept it very vague.

So in the third semester, I was just walking in Central Park and this guy comes running at me. His name was Ross and said he was a modeling agent for a big company. I did the shoot, got paid a lot and soon my photoshoots and their companies got super popular because everyone loved it and whatever. And now I'm here."

I nodded and soaked all the information in. After a second of processing her story, it occurred to me that it was basically the same thing on the internet. That's fine but I had a feeling she was hiding something. What's on the internet is rarely the truth.

So I tried to ask her some follow up questions about her story, like what kind of photoshoots she did or if she had dated someone during that time.

Some questions she answered thoughtfully and truthfully but some were very weird. I asked her a question and she gave me a well-thought out answer but when the spiel was over, I realized, without noticing before, she never answered the question. Erica did this on online interviews as well. She would only answer the questions she wanted to and if she didn't like them, she'd redirect the answer so well that the interviewers didn't know she was doing it until the question was over and their question wasn't answered.