Chapter 23

Ecstatic right now!! I surpassed ONE THOUSAND votes on this story!! That's incredible! Thank you to everyone! I was made aware by someone that it was a RECORD for the spy school stories on Wattpad (I don't know if that's totally true but someone told me that haha). So thank you to everyone.

Also, I'm very excited because I have the full plot, with ALL LOOSE ends tied up, on a paper. And I am not intending to change it because it was so hard to fit it all together in a way that made sense. And the plot has remained true since the beginning of the book! (Unlike Clash of Spies where my plot shifted and changed a lot throughout the writing process, based on both feedback and random plot ideas in the shower).

Speaking of Clash of spies, I just have a question haha. Has anyone read Spy School Reunion BEFORE Clash of Spies? Or have any of you not read it at all? I'm just curious because this has only 1k less reads and this has WAY more votes haha. If you haven't, you don't need to read it to understand this book, but it would probably be very helpful. You get more backstory on Audrey and her relationship with Erica and Ben.

That was a long author's note lol. And I'm sorry that I didn't update sooner, however I, like many of you, have online school and my schoolwork throughout the week is very heavy so please keep that in mind. :) It is also AP finals week this week, next and the following week for people here and I'm taking a few AP's so please don't expect a quick update. (The tests are much harder this year because it's all online and open notes). I don't normally update sooner than a week, unless I have time, but I probably won't next week and the following week.. And with that, please enjoy!!

Luckily for our country, the CIA was smarter than SPYDER was ten years ago. Ten years ago, when Audrey (who was working with SPYDER at the time) kidnapped us, they threw us all in the back of one truck. This time, when the CIA was transporting us, they split us up into two different trucks. Zoe, Audrey and I were in one truck while Erica, Mike and Hailey were in the other, in case we tried to work together to overpower the guards. The trucks were designed to look like big-box retail transportation trucks, but the backs were fashioned to look like a jail cell. There was also little door between the driver's seat and the back of the truck, in case an enemy takes over the drivers unbeknownst to the guards in the back.

Because the CIA agents working with Audrey didn't know her background with us, they trusted her to be our only guard. She was in the passenger seat of the truck, while we were locked in the back. The little door made it so they could hear us back there, in case we were plotting something. We weren't though. We trusted Audrey enough to get us out of there.

There was a mini cell type thing in the back of the truck. Zoe was handcuffed to the bars on one side, while I was chained to the other side. We were only about four feet apart, though. We could still talk.

Not that she wanted to. Zoe was refusing all of my efforts to make polite conversation. All she was doing was glaring hatefully at me. I was getting very uncomfortable. I wanted to turn away from her hard eyes or do something but we were locked in.

Finally, after about ten minutes of glaring at me, I finally caved.

"What?" I cried out, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

She glared at me once more, "You know why!"

"No!" I protested, "I really, really don't. You and Hailey both! What is happening?"

"Are you kidding me? No wonder you haven't had any girlfriends!" She rolled her eyes.

That stung. It was a sore spot for me, "Owch!" I exclaimed, "That was very uncalled for!"

Zoe gave me a look of disgust, "Um, sorry to say, but not really."

"Kinda was," I frowned.

"Look Ben," she exhaled, "I guess we're pretending you don't know. Whatever. You've gotta pick. For the time I've known you, you've been very indecisive. You can't pick both. Do you like fishing?"