Chapter 13

I'm so grateful!! This is insane I love you all! This is a monster chapter, over 4K words but I hope it's all worth it. It's one of my favorites I've written this story so please enjoy! Also warning for swearing like I did last chapter.

Please enjoy! You guys deserve this update 100%. Vote and comment! :)

Zoe, Jackson, Stella, Erica and I left their house at around 4:30 to go to dinner. It was the earliest I'd ever eaten before. I guess that's the life of someone with two little kids. Kurt left for his boys night out around the same time we left.

Surprisingly, I really liked Red Robin. They had some yummy steak fries with this amazing seasoning. Jackson was super cute and loved to play the games on the kids menu with us. He kept "beating" me in hangman but I think Erica was his favorite person to play with. I didn't mind. I got a chance to talk to Zoe about some of the current news and break the ice to get more comfortable in each other's presence. It was still a bit awkward but we were getting more familiar with each other.

Zoe was worried that someone would recognize Erica at Red Robin. As we all know, she's super popular with the teen and early adult crowd, along with fans in every age group. Erica said she's used to avoiding the crowds, especially in LA. She just wore an oversized sweatshirt, leggings and white shoes to keep her on the down low. Erica also wore sunglasses and a low baseball cap. No one really questioned us, except for a group of teen girls who asked if she was Erica Handler. She laughed it off and said she gets that all the time. Then no one really approached her about it. I think part of it was also the fact that the Red Robin staff kept everyone away for the most part. Erica was sure to leave a large tip at the end of dinner. Another perk of traveling with a celebrity is the fact that they pick up the tab every time.

After dinner, we got back to their house at around 6. It was super early, but Jackson and Stella were already super sleepy.  Erica and I helped Jackson get ready for bed in his cute fireman pajamas while Zoe got Stella ready for bed. Erica even read Jackson a book, which he was overjoyed about. At 7, they were both out cold.

Kurt was obviously not back yet, so it was just me, Erica and Zoe downstairs.

"What now?" I asked as I sat at the island.

Zoe leaned against the island, "Well, I have to clean up all these dishes before I do anything. Kurt likes the house to be clean when we go to bed." I looked over at the sink area. There were cookie sheets, bowls, mixers and everything stacked a mile high. It would take at least an hour to clean all of it. Erica noticed it too.

"No," Erica said firmly, "Give yourself a break. The dishes can wait until later."

"No, I gotta do them," Zoe protested.

"You're working around the clock each day, 24/7, cleaning, dealing with the kids and doing everything around here it seems. Give yourself a little break. You more than deserve it. Here," Erica walked over to their mini wine refrigerator and pulled out a bottle, "I think we all need a drink."

Zoe opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again. It seemed like she really wanted that drink.

I hopped up and grabbed three wine glasses out of Zoe's cabinet while Zoe and Erica popped the bottle of red wine open.

We all sat on her giant sectional house. We had a few sips of wine when Erica asked the question that's been on my mind the entire time I've been here:

"Why did you marry that douchebag?"

Zoe winced at Erica's question and took another sip of wine. It seemed like the alcohol was loosening all of us up a little bit. Her eyes downcasted.