24. Hope

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

They ignored you...

Little do they know, 

that the door can be locked from the other side too

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"I'm not giving up on you, Varian."

You slowly regained consciousness and the first thing you felt was your dry throat and pain in your head - right behind your eyes. It hurt when you blinked, so you quickly reminded yourself not to glip your eyes too much. 

You kicked the blanket off of you and sat up. You were a large, red bed that you knew all too well.  It was your own. You were inside your own room. In the castle. With no handcuffs. No robe. Nothing. 

The moonlight shined through the large window, making it possible to reach out and turn on the light beside your bed. But you quickly turned it off again, since the light made your headache worse. 

You felt so tired. How long have you been gone? You couldn't tell from the outside, because it was always night, and you had no clocks in your room because hated the ticking sound they made. It had always been a mystery to you how people could sleep with a clock in their room. 

You shook your head, swinging your legs onto the floor. You took the blanket with you. It was very cold inside of your room, and you shivered slightly at the touch between your bare feet and the cold floor. When had you taken your shoes off? 

"What the hell?" You mumbled. Your voice was weird and dry. Why where you in your own room? Where was Varian? Where were your friends? Where were you? Okay, you knew where you were, but why? Did Varian carry you in here after you went out like a light after he gassed you again? 

The thought made heat rise in your cheeks, and you absolutely hated yourself because of it. You needed to get your shit together. 

You had to use this as an opportunity. You weren't held hostage. You weren't a prisoner. You were "free". Right now, at least. 

But why? Was it true what Varian had said? Had his two personalities been mixed for good, and he actually cared a little bit about you? Did he still want you on his team? 

Or was it because he didn't see you as a threat? Maybe he thought you were a weak-ass-bitch that was helplessly in love with him, so much that you wouldn't ever dare to try and get the fuck out of here. And even if you did, you couldn't. Cause that was only partly true. 

You pulled your own hair in frustration. Varian had gassed you for the second time now, and he had taken your friends prisoner once again. He was in charge. You needed to do something. Maybe if you found that potion, that you had originally planned when you were in the cell, you could destroy the black rocks and the sun would rise again. Corona could be saved. 

Varian must have that - a potion that could make everything good again. You were sure of that. The good part in him would make sure that. That there was a way to back out of all of this. He wasn't stupid after all. That much you've learned after hanging around with him for years.  

You breathed out. Okay. So now you had a plan. And that plan started with yourself taking off your clothes. 

You figured, that if you didn't have any clothes on, Varian would be more likely to listen to you.