I • DAY ONE OF TWENTY-TWO-THOUSAND, GIVE OR TAKE

one. day one of twenty-two-thousand, give or take

 day one of twenty-two-thousand, give or take

Mystic Falls Town Square

Caroline Elizabeth Forbes is sitting cross-legged, left over the other one, on one of the local park benches, writing in her own journal-- right-handed, explaining what each of her friends and loved ones have been up to in their own personal lives for the previous two months since the end of June.

'Dear Elena...A few weeks ago, you said goodbye and told us to write everything down so you'd feel like you didn't miss anything when you woke up. Bad news first-- Damon said the best way to keep his mind off you was to help Alaric grieve. So, in common Damon-fashion, he kidnapped Ric and flew him to Europe for a guy-getaway. I'm sure you can imagine how that's going. Obviously, we didn't send them there without a chaperone. So, Damon's watching out for Alaric, Bonnie's watching out for Damon, Isaac's watching out for Bonnie, and I don't know exactly who's watching out for Isaac'. Although she's certain that he can probably watch out for himself.

****

Devon Residence

Minerva, who has come back to inhabit the vessel of Melissa, is sitting on the carpet floor of the parlor room near the coffee table in which her own written notes and open books are scattered as she is in the middle of a study break, thus giving her the perfect opportunity to phone call Bonnie, who is at a bar in Amsterdam with Alaric, Damon, and Isaac, watching over them. As for the young banshee's brand new step-sister — April Young — she remains at the high school, considering that now she's already a senior.

Melissa/Minerva chuckles good-heartedly at the news, "So how are they?"

"Ugh. Yep, they're definitely drunk." Bonnie sighs, "Out on a patio, chugging steins of beer while our fellow bar patrons are cheering them on. Great."

"In Dutch, I heard." The younger one laughs slightly.

Her best friend scoffs, "Yeah. Too bad I can't speak Dutch."

Both Alaric and Damon are groaning and belching as a result from drinking the beer too fast, and Bonnie shakes her head a little at the sight of them.

Melissa/Minerva scoffs in return, "Where's a chaperone when you need one, huh?" Hopefully, the two young men would be grateful enough of the witch.

"Don't worry. Isaac already served them a giant bottle of water. If they don't want to drink it, then I guess he can just force it down their throat."

Melissa/Minerva shakes her head a little and laughs slightly at the possibility of that-- adding to the fact that she can animatedly picture that in her mind.

****

Mystic Falls Town Square

Caroline continues to write in her journal on the park bench on her own, 'One college professor in Amsterdam, and the other is in North Carolina, where she will now be teaching as a research professor at Duke University, again. I think it's better off for Cassie to be somewhere other than Mystic Falls, you know? Which leaves Minerva here alone with April. Sadly, but it's quite understandable that they really do need to be there for each other, especially after what happened to Minerva's last boyfriend...' Kai Parker.