XXXVII • WE'RE PLANNING A JUNE WEDDING

thirty-seven. we're planning a june wedding

Salvatore Boarding House/The Armory Headquarters

Rosie wakes up on the massive bed and turns to see Bonnie joining her on the spacious king-sized bed with a full glass bottle of champagne, "Hey."

"Hi." The caramel brunette slowly sits up next to her close friend.

"I know we have a lot to talk about, but I don't-- I don't want to get into any of that right now. I don't want to talk about us or Enzo or Stefan or anything, except the trouble headed our way." Bonnie offers her the full glass bottle, her smile not reaching her clear green eyes, "You are going to need this."

****

"Alright, professors, how do we get rid of the queen of hell?" Damon spoke to Alaric and Minerva over the phone on speaker mode as he is standing in the main parlor room with Rosie, Stefan, Isaac, Bonnie and Caroline.

Alaric is at the Armory living room, "Are you sure Alexandra's in our world?"

Minerva, beside him, shrugs, "Well, it's just like Kai and Cade — she's here because the bell rang eleven times. One toll away from unleashing hellfire."

"Positive. When Cade crossed planes after the eleventh ring of the bell, other souls could step through too. Same way Kai did. Alexandra would have jumped at that chance." Rosie is sitting next to her fiancé on the couch.

"Then why haven't we seen her yet?" Caroline asked, "I thought by now she'd be strutting around, making demands, or trying to get us all killed."

"Maybe she's just waiting for the right time." Isaac spoke up, arms folded.

"Maybe she's...biding her time." Stefan opined with a simple shrug.

Isaac gives him a tired 'Seriously?' look, "That's what I said, you idiot."

"Or putting her own plan together." Damon continued on.

"Either way, you're going to need a new weapon."

Stefan frowns at the familiarity of the new masculine voice, "Is that Dorian?"

Minerva spoke, "Yeah, I've asked Dorian to take point on our research front."

"This doesn't mean you and I are cool. I still have those files on you, so I'm here to hold you accountable for the rest of your God-given life."

"I hope that you do." The new human replied with little nods.

"So what have you guys come up with?" Isaac began rather impatiently.

"Cade was killed with a dagger that was made from his bones. It was fused into glass by a white-hot flame. First things first though, I don't suppose you know where Alexandra's bones are?" Dorian questioned them.

"Oh, who'd have ever thought she'd have done us a favor? We've got every last one of Alexandra's bones in the woods, near where her dead lover's buried, left over from right after I killed her." Damon said, smiling proudly.

"Wait-- you killed her? Isn't Alexandra, like, the very first immortal woman?" The young Occult Studies intern hesitantly asked the matter of fact.

"She was, until Stefan cured her, and now it looks like she played Cade real good to take his place. Psychic versus psychic and all." Damon shrugs.

Bonnie spoke up to get them right back on their significant task, "But fusing the bones into glass...How do we make that kind of weapon?"

Matt shows up at the Armory as well, "Would putting the bone in a metal dagger do the trick? My parents are in town. I could ask my dad for help."