XIX • SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW

nineteen. somebody that i used to know

Whitmore College, Dormitory Building, Three years ago (2014)

Bonnie has just arrived back home at her unoccupied dormitory room from sending Minerva to the international airport earlier, looking clearly exhausted and depressed about everything that has happened, and walks up the stairs to the room she shared with Caroline, where she begins to pack up her things. She pulls photos of herself, Minerva, Caroline, Elena, and the others from the corkboard on the wall before putting her other belongings into a big cardboard box. She's in the middle of carrying one of the boxes toward the door when she sees the letter Damon left for her prior to his desiccation sitting on the dresser against the nearby wall. She sees 'BONNIE' written on the front in Damon's handwriting and flips it over to find the Salvatore wax stamp sealing it shut and pauses for a moment before unceremoniously shoving it into the box without opening it.

She then heads toward the door, where she sees E.G., M.D., B.B., and C.F. carved into the door frame for Elena Gilbert, Minerva Devon, Bonnie Bennett, and Caroline Forbes and smiles sadly at the reminder of her best friends and how far away they are. She walks out the door and down the hallway to take the box to her car, but freezes in her tracks when she sees the shadows of several people entering the dorm. They're clad in the typical black clothing of the Armory agents, and one has just pulled a tranquilizer pistol out of the thigh holster. Terrified, Bonnie ducks around the staircase, shoving the box on a nearby table as the agents start to walk up the stairs. Bonnie's breathing becomes rapid until suddenly, Enzo appears behind her and places his hand over her mouth, muffling her scream of fear.

Bonnie and Enzo watch closely as the slick agents continue to flood up the stairs for a moment before Enzo vamp-speeds them away and pins Bonnie to the floor behind the couch, shushing her. The agents slowly make their way down the stairs and start to search the unoccupied dormitory rooms. When they hear the characteristic whooshing noise that indicates a vampire super-speeding away, the agents become alarmed and head toward the same couch, but when they look behind it hopefully, Bonnie and Enzo have vanished. Enzo finally lets go of Bonnie when they have reached a nearby alcove, and she looks at him with wide eyes, "What is going on?"

"Alex told the Armory to bring you and Minerva in. I'm not going to let them. Where is she?" Lorenzo questioned in a demanding manner.

Bonnie seems truly surprised and genuinely appreciative of his efforts to save her, "Thank you. Minerva already left for New Orleans at six."

"Good. We can deal with her tomorrow." The young man quickly pulls out a syringe and jams it into the young witch's left arm, injecting her with the anti-magic sedative made from Rayna's blood, and the Armory's target gasps in surprise before she passes out and goes limp in his arms as he gently whispered to her, "Thank me when this is over, love."

****

Rosie and Diana's Apartment in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Stefan knocks on the main front door of the flat hopefully, almost hesitant and he takes a deep breath at the thought of seeing Rosie again for the first time in three long years since their split. He releases a shaky, nervous sigh afterward. When the door opens, he is almost instantly upset that it's not her, but her roommate — a freckled-faced strawberry blonde young woman who stands around five feet three and gorgeous big hazel eyes staring at him who looks to be around her early twenties, dressed in a simple light blue top and clean white shorts, indicating she's not out or working today.