XXXVIII • I WAS FEELING EPIC

thirty-eight. i was feeling epic

Lockwood Residence

Stefan is grunting as he tries to revive Bonnie, whose heart has stopped beating from being overwhelmed with magic and the loud ring of the bell, "Bonnie. Come on, come on. Wake up. Please. You have to live. Bonnie."

Rosie rushes over to kneel by her best friend on the floor of the remnants of the burnt old large mansion, "Oh my God. Bonnie. What happened?"

"The magic was too much for her." The young man sighs anxiously.

"And the bell rang. Oh my God. No. No, no, no, no, no. You can't die. Bon--"

"Don't do this. Bonnie. Come on, Bonnie." Stefan called out desperately.

Suddenly, Bonnie awakes back to consciousness with a truly surprised gasp, greatly relieving both Rosie and Stefan near her, who sigh in great relief.

"Thank God." The caramel brunette bride smiles at her best friend.

"Hey." The young man exhales once again, not believing to have done that.

Rosie sighs in relief once again and hugs her, "Oh, thank God. You're okay."

"I saw her. I saw Elena." Bonnie informed them in disbelief, truly surprised.

****

Mystic Falls Clock Tower

Vicki is still inside the clock tower, ringing the bell as it made clicking, whirring noises. Damon vamp-speeds in and pushes her away from the handle to stop her from ringing the bell, "Sorry. Can't let you do that."

"I'm sorry. But there's nothing you can do to stop me."

Not when you're in here. Damon tosses her out of the tall clock tower as she yells in horror; a loud splatter is heard as people gasped and Matt runs in.

"Where is she?" He frantically looks around for his undead sister.

"She went splat. My bad."

"You threw her out the window?" The younger man frowns, truly puzzled.

"You are aware that she's already dead." The vampire stated the obvious.

"Damon!"

"Don't 'Damon' me. In fact, don't say anything at all. Alexandra just declared war, and I need a clear head."

"Was that really necessary?" Vicki comes back in to join them.

Matt turns around to face his undead sister in pure disbelief, "Vicki."

"You're a dick. You can't stop me. This is my ticket out of hell, and I'm taking it. Alexandra is going to save--" Damon vamp-speeds to repeat his action.

"Damon!"

"Relax. Just testing a theory. Wait for it." Damon sees as the young woman comes back alive, "Yep, she's deader than a doornail."

"And I'll just keep coming back, again and again."

"You need to convince her to stop ringing this bell. You understand me? Fate of Mystic Falls lies with you and your family, so get on it." Damon snapped.

"And where are you going?" Matt asked as his frenemy rushes to leave.

"Anticipating your failure, so it's kind of dumb to stick around. I have things to do." Damon storms out, leaving the two estranged siblings alone.