XIII • THIS WOMAN'S WORK

thirteen. this woman's work

The Armory

Rayna, presumably the very first ever living shadow self of Alexandra, remains securely imprisoned in her glass containment cellar as Enzo and another certified individual walk up to her, intrigued; Rayna feels the glass and pushes her hand against it, "Strong." She starts punching the glass.

"Easy, love. You're just going to hurt yourself." Lorenzo mentioned her.

Rayna looks Enzo dead in the eye and continues to punch the glass, ruthlessly determined to break free, until her left knuckles bleed profusely. She turns and walks away from her audiences while Enzo spoke to his loyal companion, "Right. We're going to have to sedate her."

Rayna turns back around and tackles the glass, breaking it successfully. Enzo looks up as the woman smiles down at him by her self-loving pride.

****

Lockwood Residence

Krystal, the young female vampire who helped Damon during the violent fight by throwing him a stake and is now clad in only her black underwear, is dancing around the large mansion's living rooms with loud music playing. She grabs two glasses and joins a shirtless Damon in the other room, who's finishing off a whole glass bottle of bourbon, "That's all the bourbon."

"Vodka, you're up." Krystal pours two glasses of the alcoholic beverage as Damon throws down the empty bottle carelessly; he sits down, looking guilty as Krystal dances over to the fireplace with the glasses of vodka, "You want a Bloody Mary?" She reads off a blood bag, "Or a Bloody...Pamela?" She laughs and pours into one of the glasses, "AB negative. Very rare..."

A loud car alarm chirps outside and Damon immediately reacts with worry of someone else's presence to catch him. He speeds over to the speaker and switches off the music immediately, "Crap, crap, crap. You got to go."

"No, we're dancing."

Damon quickly collects her clothes off the floor and an armchair, "No, we are not." He hands the clothes to his truly puzzled one night stand and leads her outside the living room through the back entrance, "You. Leave. Now."

"What are you--"

"I'll call you." Maybe.

Krystal is led toward the back just as Bonnie and Minerva walk into the mansion through the front door. Damon waves them an innocent hello.

"We need a drink." Bonnie declared.

"And a Damon." Minerva added on.

The duo walk into the spacious room Damon and Krystal were in earlier.

"And currently, you are our Damon who's always available to drink. You'll notice we're overlooking the fact that you nearly killed us the last time we hung out, so thanks for that." The young witch sarcastically reminded him.

Minerva picks up an empty glass bottle of bourbon and looks at it in pure shock; she scoffs, "Are you out of bourbon? How's that possible?"

Bonnie scoffs back at the obvious, "He's Damon. How's that not possible?" She earns a look from both of them, especially from Damon himself.

Minerva sets down the glass bottle back on the mini bar, "Someone celebrating Julian's very timely demise? Because it looks like it."

Damon looks at them with surprise as Bonnie and Minerva smile smugly.

"Stefan didn't tell you? Put a chair back through his heart." Minerva stated.

Damon puts on his black t-shirt and smiles weakly, still clearly concerned about everything that has happened recently but not wanting to alert either Minerva or Bonnie to what is wrong, "That's an oldie but a goodie. Hope he has enough chairs to take out the rest of Julian's backup dancers."