XXV • YOU DECIDED THAT I WAS WORTH SAVING

twenty-five. you decided that i was worth saving

Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan and Rosie's Bedroom

Rosie slowly wakes up peacefully in her large king-sized bed in the spacious bedroom, only covered in the thick sheet, which is filled with bright yellow balloons by her two close friends as a surprise after they heard of the engagement the previous night. Bonnie is lying on her right side behind Rosie on the large bed, who is chuckling softly at the sight of her peaceful state. Caroline rushes in from downstairs after making breakfast for Rosie.

"Surprise!" Bonnie and Caroline shouted, alarming and surprising her.

"You guys, what the--" Rosie laughs as she sits up, covering her stark naked body from them with the sheet, looking cute with her messy caramel hair.

"Whoa. Something smells peculiar in here." Bonnie slowly smiles at her.

Rosie fails not to blush in pure embarrassment to be caught naked in bed from having sex with her new fiancé the previous night, "We celebrated."

"Aw." Both much younger women laugh together to congratulate her.

"Well then, good morning, bride-to-be." Caroline joins them on the big bed.

"You are engaged, and we are celebrating." Bonnie giggles, "Today. Now."

"Maybe after you put some clothes on." Her best friend reminded them.

Rosie nods before a succinct sarcastic comment, "Yeah, good idea."

"First, we're going to drink too much champagne, your favourite. And then, we are taking you wedding dress shopping. I know it's a little early, but you're going to try on thousands of dresses before you find the perfect one, so we may as well start now." Caroline talked, "It's going to be perfect!"

The satiated caramel brunette is still processing the environment around her with the numerous balloons, "Look, I love you guys, and this is amazing, but you don't have to put on a happy face for me right now."

"We're not putting it on. We're not, we're happy for you. I promise." Bonnie assured her, ensuring that the wedding is going to be absolutely great.

"You've been waiting for this your whole life. We're happy for you. I swear." Caroline added on, smiling widely, and hands her friend a glass of mimosa.

Bonnie pops open the champagne bottle; the cork hits the wall, that the trio yelled and laugh at together, especially Rosie, who's smiling extra wide.

"Okay, but I promise we are going to find Enzo for you and--"

"First things first, planning your June wedding." Bonnie interrupted her.

Rosie becomes excited, "Oh my God. Yes! The June wedding!"

"The June wedding." Caroline repeated and they laugh again together.

The future bride giggles, "Oh my God, you guys, this is amazing. You're both amazing. Thank you." So much. You're the best friends ever.

"You're welcome." Bonnie replied, smiling in return.

Rosie examines the engagement, crystal white diamond, ring around her little right ring finger with a smile, "I'm getting married!"

"Yay!" The blonde vampire laughs.

****