IV • I CARRY YOUR HEART WITH ME

four. i carry your heart with me

Whitmore College, Dormitory Building

Stefan is standing in the main busy hallway, waiting for someone patiently, when Melissa/Minerva walks up to him as she mentions with a smile, "Hi."

"Hi! Brought you coffee." He holds the bought warm cup of coffee out to her, and her happy smile only grows at the gesture, "It's your favourite."

She scoffs as she mentally recalls something quite similar, "Thanks." She takes it from him and playfully gives him a suspicious look, "So is this like, a Salvatore step-one-method to 'nicely' ask someone to do something?"

Her friend frowns in denial even though it seems that he's been caught, "What? No, why would you say that? What did Damon ask you to do?"

"Clearly, you've been very happy with your girlfriend that you were out of the loop while I spent the whole time breaking up with my boyfriend." Being Kai Parker, who was already decapitated by Damon at that chaotic wedding. How could anyone ever forget? They all lost some of their loved ones then.

He feigns a cute guilty look, "Ouch. You see, that's the thing. My relationship is not making any progress now that we can't have skin-to-skin contact."

The chestnut brunette nods a little, "Right. Vervain spell by your jealous ex."

The young man smiles sheepishly, "Yeah."

She sips on her black warm coffee as she considers this, "Hmm. So I take it your irresistable charm didn't work on getting Valerie to undo the spell?"

He looks away from her sheepishly, "Uh, I haven't spoken to her yet..."

His friend raises one of her perfect eyebrows, "Oh. So you're avoiding?"

"No. There's nothing to avoid." He smiles awkwardly at this remark.

She sighs as she looks away from him in disappointment, "Then what are you waiting for? Stefan, she was your first love, and then she just left you hanging. You're not the least bit curious why? Not even pissed off at her?"

Her vampire friend simply shrugs, "She hasn't contacted me in the four months she's been back, so I'm assuming she's as over it as I am."

"Yeah, you're assuming, considering that she's the reason why your undeserving girlfriend literally can't touch you." She said in an obvious tone.

Stefan sighs at the fact, "Unfortunately, she's the Heretic that I am the least concerned about right now." He earns a curious look to which he continued, "Let's just say that it involves two bored mean-girls on a campus full of easy targets. But I have come up with a genius plan to keep them occupied while Damon sorts out his Oscar problem." He pulls out a folded up flyer and holds it in front of her; the flyer reads 'HEAVEN AND HELL BALL' and it has the pertinent details for the campus party on it, making the banshee smile.