Chap. 2

A few minutes later after entering my room and trying to make myself comfortable, I heard a knock on my door. I didn't know whether to tell the person to come in or not, but after a few seconds of me not replying back, the door opened and Felix walked in.

"How are you feeling?" He walked up to me and sat down on my bed. "You looked pretty upset back there, but I'm not even sure if you were upset over your mother or something else."

"I'm not sure either," I shrugged. I then sat up from my bed, still looking at him. "Let's not make this about me. Dad told me you had a girlfriend? And you still haven't told me the reason why you were so mad back there."

"I figured you'd already know. Yes, it's because of my mother getting married to this man. She didn't tell me. . . I had to find out myself, and. . ." Felix paused. "I don't like him. I don't like the man she's getting married to. I have a feeling that. . ." He paused again, looked down at the floor, and then back at me. "I have a feeling he's only together with her for the money. He doesn't really love her. Before they started dating, he started telling everyone he knew that he had a rich girlfriend. When Mom found out, she took it as nothing but a man who was in love with her and wanted to get together as soon as possible. I just want her to open her blind eyes and see that she's going to get hurt after getting married to him."

"Wow. . ." I definitely didn't know what to say to that. No wonder Feliz was so upset and angry. "You're just looking out for your mother. There's nothing wrong with that." I looked down at my bed as I hugged my pillow against my chest. "Honestly this is what I'm so afraid of, the reason why I don't have a girlfriend." I then looked up at him when I got a serious question. "How did you get your girlfriend?"

"Well, it wasn't that simple," Felix shrugged, but I could notice a hidden smile on his face. "Just like you, I had doubts. I thought she wasn't good enough, that she was just after me because I was related to Gabriel and you. So, I. . ." Felix chuckled, "I put her to a test, and she passed. When she passed the test, I knew she was the one. She wasn't the only girl I tested, yet she was the only one who passed."

"A test?" I was thinking about it. It wasn't such a bad idea, and I was so glad Felix was a smart and cunning one. I chuckled at the idea. Now I just had to figure out what kind of tests I had to pull to find The One. I rested my head against the wall. Felix seemed to have gone silent as well, not saying anything as he just looked around my room like it was the first time he was seeing it. He even stood up and started walking around, looking at my shelves of trophies and all the sports I had. He then looked back at me with a smile.

"You won another fight at Fencing Club?" He folded his arms. "I have to say, you really do impress me."

"Thanks. With a father like my Father, it's really impossible not to be this good at doing the kind of things I do."

"Hmm, you bragging now?" Felix joked and I laughed along with him. "Just kidding. Anyway. . . In case you're thinking of what I said earlier, and if you want to go through with it, I have the perfect test you could use." At those words, I stared wide-eyed at him and lifted my head up, showing him he had my full attention now. "I mean, I can't guarantee you it'll work perfectly, but it's what every rich person is doing these days."

"What?"

"A gold-digger prank."

"A. . .what?" Not that I'd never heard of it before, it's just that I was so good at some many things, but I didn't really think I could pull this off. I would ruin it, people won't take me seriously, they would quickly figure out that I was just pulling a prank on them. I put my head back against the wall. "I was thinking more like pretending to be poor, and seeing the kind of reactions I get from girls."