Chap. 6

It didn't even take long before the first girl came strolling by. She looked about the same age as me, seemed to have been running. I quickly rushed over to her before she ran past me, and I stopped her, greeting her in the most easiest and nicest way. Felix had told me I had to say something that would first not include my car, and then later on, have them attracted to my car. At first, it had sounded easy, but now being in front of this girl, I gulped and just stood there for a while.

"Yes?"

Right! I wasn't Adrien. That was why she wasn't going up all over my face and screaming for autograph. "Uh," I tried remembering a gold-digger prank I'd watched on my free time, and decided to copy exactly what the guy had said. "I'm new to this place, and kinda lost. I was hoping you would show me to a nearby restaurant, 'cause right now, I'm kinda hungry." I watched as the girl moved and she started pointing at a direction. She said a few things, but I wasn't listening. Instead, I was focusing on the next words I had to say.

"Thanks. Hey, by the way, I just saw you and I thought you looked absolutely beautiful," Ew, Adrien. Cringe! "So, I was thinking if it was okay to hang out-"

"No, sorry, I can't."

"Oh, no? Why?" If I was Adrien, I would have immediately respected her answer and left, but Felix had told me to push them, make sure they were sure about their answer, before leaving.

"I actually have a boyfriend. . . And he doesn't like it when I have guy friends, or when I hang out with other guys. He gets. . ." The girl paused, "extremely jealous." She then chuckled. "Sorry. Maybe another girl though. Just not me."

"Are you sure?" She nodded. "Are you positively sure?" I asked again, and she immediately nodded. "Okay." I nodded back, before walking to where I had parked my car. I could tell the girl was walking away, so I had to hurry over to my car and quickly start it. Once I started the car, I noticed out of the corner of my eyes, the girl had stopped walking and looked back. I pretended I didn't see her walking over to me, while continuing to pretend that I was about to drive off.

"Wait, hold up! Hold up!" The girl waved her arms around, and I stopped the car, a secret smirk dancing on my lips. Immediately I knew she had failed, but I played along anyway. "Wait." She got in front of me. "Is. . . Is this your car?"

"Well, you see me in it, so yes. . ." I tried not to reveal my smirk, so I just looked away. "What is it? Why did you come back?" Even though I already knew the answer, I still asked.

"Wow. . . this car is amazing. . ."

"Yeah, so are my other 27 cars I bought," I chuckled at the lie, but went along with it, seeing that the girl had her mouth wide opened filled with shock. "So, you never told me what you wanted."

"Hey. . . If you're still up for that hangout, I wouldn't mind. . ."

"Wait, but I thought you said your boyfriend would be mad over it?" I reminded her, and I could see that she was trying to come up with a lie that went together with the first lie.

"Well. . . I was just going over to his house to break up with him anyway, so it wouldn't be a problem. I mean, he's just too controlling, and I don't like that, so. . ." She looked down at me, and I looked back at her with disbelief. Opening the door, I stepped out of the car and told her to back away from it a little.

I folded my arms. "Just a few minutes ago, you were telling me that you had a boyfriend and he would be mad seeing you with another guy. Now you're telling me you were just going over to break up with him?" I gave her a look to show her that I didn't believe it, but she didn't look like she wanted to admit she had lied.