Chap. 29

Lila's P. O. V

"It's your first day of school after your mother left. Look a little bit more happy, won't you?!" My father picked up my bag and tossed it over at me. I could only grimace at his words, especially after what had happened last week. I had gone off to visit Marinette again without telling him, and he had only punished me for it, not sparing any mercy. He had also forced me to move along with him to another house; I wasn't even able to say goodbye to those who had actually been kind to me. I had tried not to cry, and being the strong girl I thought I was, I managed not to cry in front of him. I mustn't let him see my weak side. Although, when I got inside my room and closed the door, I completely lost it and broke down. I wasn't supposed to! I had tried reminding myself of Marinette's smile, how she had told me that everything was going to be alright and there's always the good side of things, but that had only made me cry more, realizing that I was nothing like her.

I grabbed my bag and headed for the door. Even after he had said he would never do such a thing again, how he had said it had only been a mistake because he didn't want me leaving him, I only grew even more afraid of him, trying my hardest to make sure he was happy at all times, and whenever he wasn't, not to take his anger out on me. Some part of me actually wished Catherine was still here, because whenever Father was angry, he would always go to her. I was all my father had now, so I was the only person he'd go to whenever he was feeling these certain types of emotions. Still, I wanted to stay away from him. I didn't care what he felt about me leaving, after all, he wasn't afraid of me leaving him. . .he was just afraid of being alone.

I scurried out of the house and started running, giving him the excuse that I was just afraid of missing my bus and needed to hurry. I didn't even want to go to school; I was just going to be known as the new girl, get stared at a lot, and probably be pushed around. I've seen all these types of movies where people are new students and get bullied for it. I would skip school if I could. Apparently my father had called the principal of the school and told them that I, Lila Rossi, was coming to their school, and I was expected in the school office. If the principal reported to him about me not showing up, he would get mad, like always.

I got in the bus and took my seat, waiting for the ride to be over. I would have slept, but I knew the ride was going to be over soon. My father had woken me up early just to get ready for school. Soon, just like I had expected, the bus came to a stop and the doors opened. I stood up, and forgetting to say my thanks, I walked out of the bus with the others. I started walking in the right direction, remembering every words of direction my father had given me. "Turn right, then just walk straight. You'll soon come across the large building with the school name at the top."

I did as I was told, and soon enough, I was standing right in front of the school. A lot of people had come early as well, each of them talking to each other while walking inside the school. I was about to take a step towards a school when a sudden girl caught my eyes. I gasped, joy instantly filling me up at the sight of her. "Marinette!" I called out to her. She turned around and looked over at me. When she saw me, her lips parted a bit, before she started running towards me.

"Lila!" She reached me, and threw her arms around me. I giggled at her reaction, a little surprised that she was this happy to see me. She then unwrapped her arms and looked at me with such a giddy look. "What are you doing here? Oh my goodness, don't tell me you're starting school here."

I nodded my head. "It's such a good thing that you're here too. At last, I don't have to be alone."

"Actually, I. . ." Marinette dropped her smile. "It's true that I do go here, but I was just about to move to a different school. I wasn't exactly quite happy with this one, so I begged my parents and they've finally agreed. They've even already filled up the form for my new school. I'm just here for the last time. I'm so sorry. I never knew you would be coming. If I did know, I would have totally stayed."