Chap. 27

Adrien, stop shaking. . . I thought you said you were okay with this! I tried not to make a sound as I opened both of my eyes, both of them landing on Marinette, who was laying right beside me. Here eyes were closed, but I wasn't sure if she was pretending to be asleep, after it'd only been a few minutes before we went to bed. If she was pretending, then she was very good at it, because she wasn't moving at all, nor was she making a sound. Hmm. . . I was looking forward to seeing how loud you snored. I let out a soft chuckle, and quickly covered my mouth when Marinette began to move.

"Are you really asleep?" I muttered. I waited for a few seconds, and then it happened. Marinette turned over to me and flipped her eyes opened, a wide grin on her face. I shook my head in disappointment, knowing that it'd be more awkward around us if she was awake. It probably didn't take her that long to fall asleep. I was waiting for her to sleep first because I was afraid if she didn't and I did instead, she would hear how loud I snored. At least, I believed my snoring was loud.

Marinette then sat up. "I can't sleep." She lowered her voice but I heard her clearly. "Especially what I just did to you. I feel embarrassed. I never thought there would ever come a day when I would sleeping right next to a boy. . . especially you."

I bit my lip at the way she had said it. "Is that a bad thing? Is there something wrong with me?"

"No Adrien, it's not you." She sighed as she whirled around go face me. She stared at my face for what seemed like forever, me staring at her back, the air becoming more and more awkward. I waited for her to say something, but it didn't look like she was going to say something anytime soon. So I tried saying something, but even I could open my mouth to speak. Not a word came out of the both of us.

"Marinette. . . Adrien! You two asleep yet?" Sabine's voice coming from downstairs broke the silence. Marinette adverted her eyes away from me, replying back to her mother that we were almost asleep but just needed a few more minutes. She then turned back to me, but didn't stare, placing her head on her pillow as she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep. I thought about doing the same thing, but I sat up instead, not feeling tired at all.

Marinette, am I completely free to ask you out or are you still not so sure about it yet?

I rubbed my eyes as soon as they opened. I would have gotten off the bed if I didn't feel something on top of me. I looked down only to see that Marinette was laying down on hers stomach, eyes closed, her left arm and leg on top of me. I blushed hard just seeing how close she was to me.

She's still sleeping. How do I move her? I sat up on the bed, taking Marinette's arm first and removing it off my stomach. I blushed with eyes closed as I took her bare leg next, seeing as it was much harder because she was wearing shorts. I gulped as I slowly made my way out of the bed, making sure Marinette was still asleep. Luckily for me, Marinette didn't look like she was waking up anytime soon. I headed over to the door and climbed down the ladder, finally able to breathe properly.

"Good morning, Adrien."

I turned around to see Mr. Dupain-Cheng sitting down on the couch in the living room, a cup of what seemed to be tea on the table. He scared me a little bit that I had to look down at the floor and try not to look embarrassed. I touched Marinette's leg! I covered my face as I turned around, knowing Mr. Dupain-Cheng was looking at me with a confused look on his face. I touched your daughter's bare leg!

"Anyway, is Marinette awake yet?" Mr. Dupain-Cheng picked up the cup and took a sip out of it.

"Oh, uh. . . no. Not yet." I scratched my head a little bit. Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng hadn't asked me why I was staying over at their bakery, but I was glad they didn't. It kind of just showed that they really trusted me. I walked inside the bathroom and pretended to use it, feeling frustrated with myself. Just staring at the mirror suddenly just showed me how selfish I was being in all of this. Marinette was having her own problems; she had suffered from Lila's lies and had only known now, and she was trying her hardest to solve the situation. . .while me on the other hand, instead of helping her out, all I thought about was whether I had a chance with her. I've never felt so disgusted with myself.