Chap. 12

It was one thing for Marinette to agree to still work with me. I never expected her to even accept me back even after what I had done. It was another thing for her to ask if we could go to the hallway. Now as I followed Marinette out of the classroom and felt eyes staring at my back, I could tell another rumor was about to cook up in this school, and I wondered if I was going to like it at all or not.

"Take a seat," Marinette ordered, taking a seat down on the floor and setting her items right in front of her. I did the same thing, not trying to be awkward or anything but knowing that no matter how hard I was trying, I was still failing. First of all, I couldn't even open my mouth to speak, instead all I did was nod and obey. I had a feeling Marinette knew why I was being so awkward around her. "Do you need a few minutes to think of some questions?"

"Uh, no," I shook my head. Perhaps giving her this as a reply was a mistake. Perhaps, I wasn't really ready after all. "I'll start." But then again I'd prepared some questions before Miss Bustier even suggested we do this, so it was no biggie. "Do you want to take turns asking questions or should one person just go and the next?"

Marinette looked up at me, eying me like I'd said something wrong. I got nervous again, and maybe I had said something wrong again, but then she looked down at the paper she got, and smiled. "You pick."

"Oh, okay." I smiled a little too. "Let's take turns. I'll go first." I had been thinking about the questions I wanted to ask Marinette that I even got them memorized. Marinette on the other hand was busy trying to think of some as she wrote it down on the paper. "How did your family start the bakery?"

"Ooh," Marinette chuckled and placed her pen down. "Well, actually there's not really that much to tell. My mother used to work for another bakery, but then that bakery got shut down, and everyone were upset over it. This was before I was even born. Then, when my parents saw how sad they were to see the bakery gone, they decided to turn their home into a bakery, and it actually turned out good. They never went out of business, they never had any serious technical difficulties. And when they had me, they told me their story and I started working in the bakery too."

I smiled at that answer, forgetting that I had to write it down. "That's really nice, Marinette." You're really nice. She gave me a smile before giving me a look with her finger pointing down at the paper, reminding me of why I had a paper and pen. "Right!" I grabbed my pen and started scribbling her answer down, while I waited for her to ask me a question.

"Adrien, who do you live with?"

I widened my eyes a little at the question, not really expecting for her to ask that. "Well, I live with my father, my bodyguard, whom we call Gorilla, and my father's assistant, Nathalie," It was a simple question so I gave a simple answer. The only reason I hadn't wanted to answer was because I was afraid she'd mention something about my mother. I could tell she was about to ask, so I quickly cleared my throat and added, "and my mother, but she's not in Paris right now."

"Oh. Well, it's really nice to have such a loving family, isn't it?" Marinette commented. "I mean, they are a loving family to you, right?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah," I bobbed my head up and down. Besides the fact that I had to obey them when it came to strict rules, they still loved me, I knew that. At least they gave me a home, food, they gave me a chance to go to school. "You know, instead of complaining about the things you don't like, we should all take a moment to appreciate the things we do have, because some people out there don't even got anything." I remembered when I was young, and I always thought my family members were just being mean to me because they hated me. I complained to them a lot, telling them how unfair they were and how they never treated me right. It was soon that I began to realize where I went wrong, and quickly apologized to them for my behavior.