Chap. 23

I walked out of school, looking around to see if my ride home had come. After lunch had been terrible, I had been distracted the rest of my classes. Marinette nor Lila came back to school after lunch, and every time I wanted to talk to Juleka, she would run away, looking frightened. I felt like there was something else going around, especially with the way she was acting around me, and I wanted to find out as soon as possible. Chloe didn't utter a word to me either, like she was still mad over what had happened during lunchtime. Was she made because Lila and I had been caught being together? The fact that Lila had been hugging me? Maybe the blonde had misunderstood and possibly thought that I had a thing for Lila, though no matter how much I tried to talk to her, she wasn't willing to let me.

I finally saw the limo pulling over, so I walked over to it. The door opened and behind it was Felix shining a bright smile, but once he saw the look I had on my face, his smile disappeared. I entered the limo without a word, and seeing that he wanted to know what was wrong, I turned over to him and said, "please, don't ask." He kept his mouth shut after that.

Nathalie was also in the limo, and hearing me say not to ask why I looked so glum, she didn't. Instead she talked about my schedule. "Your father wants us to head over to the photo-shoot area as soon as possible, so we won't be heading back home. All your clothes and other things you need for the photo-shoot are going to be at the place we're going." I just nodded while she spoke, and after she was done, I took out my phone.

I sure wish I could text Marinette and ask her how she's doing. . .but I keep forgetting to ask for her number. I groaned, putting my phone down. "I'm so beat up, I don't even want to go. I just want to rest on my bed right now and sleep for hours." I said that out loud, so when I looked over at Nathalie, she was staring back at me with a frown.

"Adrien, this will be your last photo-shoot for the week. The next two days are Saturday and Sunday, and your father is letting you off," Nathalie spoke with her index finger pointing at the ceiling of the limo. She then pushed back her glasses and continued to speak. "In fact, I talked with your father yesterday and convinced him to let you go a full week without any photo-shoot."

"W-what? Really?" She nodded at my questions. I quickly bolted up and hugged her, relief washing over me. "Nathalie, you're amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I relaxed back on my seat, feeling better than I had been before. Father was practically giving me a full week all by myself to do whatever I wanted. I could hang out with friends after school without having to worry about coming back early for photo-shoot. I could eat anything I wanted without having to worry about my diet or weight. Hmm, I'm gonna have all the chocolates I can! I let out a small giggle, which got Felix and Nathalie to stare at me with frowny faces.

"Adrien, you may be happy that you get to go whatever you want, but there are still some rules." I froze when Nathalie said those words. "First of all, you have to be at home by 10:30 P.M, if you're going to be hanging out with friends after school. You may be on your break, but you still need your beauty sleep. Second of all, you can only eat unhealthy food on every second day! So, on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, you're not allowed to have any sweets or any other type of unhealthy food inside of your mouth. On the rest of the other days, you can. Your week break ends on Monday."

I sighed at the rules, seeing that there was a limit to what I wanted to do, but I shrugged anyway. I wasn't going to complain, after all, this was better than nothing. I took out my phone, wanting to make plans. My week break ends on next Monday. That's a lot of time to get to hang out with multiple people and get to know those that I don't know about. Thinking about that, my mind suddenly went over to Juleka. Or I could just chill with my new friends.

Finally the limo came to a stop. I opened the door and walked out, Felix and Nathalie right behind me. Gorilla came out of the driver's seat, closing and locking the limo. I looked around at where we were; Nathalie was sure right about one thing — I didn't know what this place was, but it was sure huge. Nathalie led the way, me following her, Felix behind me and Gorilla behind him. We walked inside the large building, and as we walked, Nathalie explained a few things to us.