Chap. 3

My wish unexpectedly came true. There were more girls in this class than boys, so there was a more possibility that I was going to end up sitting with a girl. I knew some girls wanted to sit with me, but I didn't want to be the reason for the next school fight over who got to sit with whom.

Beside my table though, Chloe and Marinette sat together, with Marinette being the one closest to me. Sabrina and some other girl sat in front of those girls, so I wasn't that disappointed at how things ended up. Except for the fact that we were sitting at the back row.

I then noticed out of the corner of my eyes, Chloe tapping Marinette on her shoulder. Marinette turned to her, and Chloe whispered something to her. Although, Chloe wasn't exactly the best at whispering, I still couldn't hear what she told Marinette, but before I knew it, Marinette had stood up and so had Chloe. Then both girls switched seats, so now Chloe was the one sitting the closest to me. She waved over at me with a bright smile, and all I could do was wave back and look away.

"Adrien!" Chloe tapped my shoulder. "I asked Marinette for us to switch because I thought it would make you feel better."

"Better about what?"

"Better about sitting with him!" She nodded over at the red-head boy sitting next to me. I sent her glare, telling her it wasn't nice to be rude, and she just rolled her eyes and looked away. That was just the thing about Chloe. Sometimes she could be the absolute best, other times I wished she wouldn't say her opinions out loud. She was sometimes a bit too much to handle, and that's why I sometimes wanted to get away from her, so I could have my own little freedom where I wouldn't have to listen to every words of her story about what had happened to her.

I turned to face the boy, maybe introduce myself to him and be friends, after all the teacher had said we take 10 minutes to get to know our seat mates. I wasn't sure whether to tap a finger on his shoulder, or just begin talking, or just wait for him to look up from his sketchbook and notice me politely waiting. He seemed so focused on his work, drawing with his pencil, and then turning the pencil over and using the eraser whenever he made a mistake. He may have noticed me looking at him, but I don't think he even cared.

"Nice drawing," I nodded over at the dragon he was making. "You have a nice talent." I started with that, but he just mumbled a thank you and continued doing his thing. A few seconds later, I could hear a sigh behind me, and someone grabbed unto my hand and pulled me back.

"Adrien, the reason why I said I felt bad wasn't because I was trying to be rude. Nathaniel only cares about his drawing. It's what he ever does in this class. He isn't interested in making friends with anyone," Chloe spoke with a shrug. "If you want to make new friends, you should skip him."

I looked back over at Nathaniel, but he didn't seem to be focused on anything else but his drawing. I hoped he hadn't heard what Chloe had said either. I turned back to the front, seeing that the teacher was starting class. I leaned against my chair and paid attention to what she was saying, although some of the words didn't even enter through my ears. I peeked over at Chloe, and for once, she actually seemed to be doing her work. When the teacher wasn't looking, I moved closer to her and tapped her back. She looked up at me, before cracking a smile and asking me what I wanted now.

"What about her?" I nodded over to the girl sitting beside Chloe. "Do you think she's nice enough?"

"Marinette is nice," Chloe whispered, which consisted of her having to come closer. "But I've heard lately that she's some kind of a bad chick. You don't want to mess with her!"

"Pfft," I rolled my eyes at the words and headed back to my own desk. When I had bumped into her, she had seemed absolutely nice, nothing of a bad chick. Though Chloe had pulled me away before I even got to take a good look at her, she still looked awfully nice, like a sheep who didn't like going in anyone's way and preferred staying away from people to avoid trouble. The kind of student who cared about her grades and wanted to do the absolute best in school. The kind of student whom nobody knew of that well before making a decision on what kind of a personality she had.