Chap. 8

"Ah, it's been a few days, and on the first day of school, we did an autobiography, writing about our lives," Miss Bustier exclaimed as she walked to and fro. "Now, you're going to be writing a biography of someone else. You may not know each other that well, which is why I'm giving you a weak to complete this. Pick a person you don't know anything about, and get to know that person; you could hang out with them if you want, learn about their lives and whatnot. Again, I'm giving you a weak, so this is due on Wednesday."

At the sound of that, I was immediately excited to start my biography. I already knew who I was going to do, and I turned to her, only to see she was looking back at me. Marinette gave me a smile and I could only smile back at that moment. Chloe seemed to have caught us doing so, because she instantly turned to me with a frown, giving me a suspicious look.

"Alright, I'll give you a few minutes to decide on who to do," Miss Bustier spoke, returning to her desk. She took a seat and raised her arms. "You may begin."

As soon as she said that, Chloe tapped on my shoulder, this time seeming to have a small smile on her face. "Can I do you?" She asked, but I shook my head.

"Didn't you hear what Miss Bustier said? You have to do a person you don't know," I reminded her, in which she rolled her eyes at and stood up to go to another person. I instantly felt bad, feeling like I was ruining this friendship, but at the same time, knowing it was really her fault as she still hadn't apologizes yet for what she did. I would have forgiven her, but it didn't even look like she was sorry at all.

"Just give her time," Marinette suddenly spoke up from where she was sitting. "She'll come around." I only nodded my head towards her, before going to sit down next to her, as she was the one I was doing a bio on. "Weird," She laughed a little. "We're both doing each other."

"Wow, it sure seems like it," I chuckled a little. "I'm not going to start writing until I'm sure I know a few things about you. Hey, if you don't mind. . .you wanna hang out after school today?"

Marinette bit her lip as she looked up from her paper. "I already promised Lila, and it really doesn't look like you and Lila like each other that well. Although it'd be nice if you two became friends, I don't think today would do. Maybe next time?"

"I can handle Lila!" I suddenly blurted out, surprising the both of us. "I mean. . ." I looked away, a little embarrassed. It may have sounded like I was desperate to hang out with her, and I didn't want her to see me as a desperate, impatient person, so I cleared my throat and tried to rephrase my words. "I'm that kind of person who likes finishing up his work fast so I wouldn't have to worry about failing. The quicker I get to know you, the quicker I could finish this."

She seemed to suddenly have a sad smile on her face when I said that, and I was wondering whether I had said something wrong that may have upset her. "Ah, so you only want to hang out because of the work given to us, not because you actually want to hang-"

"What, no!" Right. I had given her the wrong idea. "I mean, why else would I pick you? I find you an interesting girl."

After I said that, she laughed a little. "I was just kidding. Today sounds great. I can just cancel with Lila. I'm sure she'd understand. Besides," She looked down at her paper again, "I like finishing off my work quickly as well." I smiled a little after she said that, knowing I hadn't messed this one up. When I looked away from her, I caught a certain blonde staring at me, and I frowned at her, confused as to why. But then I noticed that she wasn't looking directly at me. She was looking over at Marinette.

~

I packed up my books quickly, noticing that only two students, excluding me, were still in class. The Lunch time bell had just rang a minute ago, though I was a little late at packing because I had accidentally slept in class. Now, how would Father feel about that, knowing that his supposed-to-be perfect son was sleeping in class?