Chap. 32

"Adrien, come down. We're ready to go."

I let out a small groan by the call of my name, knowing I was taking up too much time, yet at the same time, not being sure whether I looked alright or not. I had been complimented by my cousin and friend that I looked great, but suits and ties weren't really my thing, so I wasn't quite sure. Maybe it was just me feeling uncomfortable. I tugged on my tie once more, reminding myself that I only had to wear it for today and tomorrow. Audrey and Aunt Amelie would have had a wedding together like they had been suggested to, if they were actually good friends. Aunt Amelie didn't really like Audrey, especially with the way she abandoned Chloe. I wouldn't have been going to her wedding if Chloe hadn't asked me to.

Felix opened the door to my room, his head peeking inside. "Adrien, we're leaving. The limo has already been prepared. We're just waiting for you."

I let out another groan, before following Felix downstairs. When I got down there, I was surprised to see Father, Nathalie and Gorilla all dressed up, giving me the idea that they were going to the wedding as well. I glanced over at Father, and he looked back at me, but we both immediately looked away like little children who didn't want to talk to each other anymore because of a fight. I just didn't feel like talking to him, at least not yet. He still hadn't redeemed himself yet. I sighed as I walked over to the limo. Adrien, what are you even waiting for? I guess I just wanted him to make the first move, apologize to me and make it up to me for what he did. Again, I saw myself as a person who was overreacting over such a small manner, but I needed to know he was sorry for pushing me, for trying to force me. He may have regretted doing it later on, but I needed to be sure of that first.

Gorilla took the wheels once everyone got on, which consisted of Felix, who had agreed to go to the wedding, Father, Nathalie, who didn't mind going as well, Gorilla, who had to come nevertheless of his choice because he was driving, and Chloe, who was getting a ride from us because obviously, her father didn't want to come to the wedding, watching as his ex-wife got married to another man. Chloe had told me the name of the man before, but it honestly slipped out of my mind as soon as she said it. I wanted to ask out loud if we could stop at a certain place and pick someone up, but I was afraid of doing so, especially when it looked like Father and Nathalie were mad at me.

We arrived at the place in a few minutes, and I was surprised to see Marinette already there with the rest of her friends. Felix, Chloe and I hopped off and headed towards them, excitement bubbling around us, but only because we were all here together, and not because we were literally about to watch Chloe's mother get married to another man. "I'm glad you guys could make it." Chloe showered them with tight hugs, before pulling away and looking around. "We should grab a seat. It's going to start in like a few minutes, so. . ." She motioned for us to follow her, and we did as we walked over to some empty seats we saw at the front. I sat down in between Marinette and Felix.

"Do you know the name of the man, Chloe?" Felix whispered to the blonde sitting next to him on the other side. More people had already arrived, and almost all the seats were now taken.

"Anthony Boucher," Chloe replied as she looked down at the paper she was holding onto. When she looked up and saw the look on Felix's face, which for some reason, looked all shocked, she passed the paper over to him. "Here, this is what he looks like," Chloe pointed at the picture of the man holding onto her mother. "Mom said she met him while she was over at another city, doing fashion businesses. They immediately fell in love, but the problem was that Anthony had to come back to Paris for some personal business. So, the two of them decided to just get married here before moving back." Chloe was still looking around, probably trying to find her mother, that she didn't even notice the look on Felix's face change into a sudden angry one. But I was aware. I tapped him on the shoulder, giving him a confused look, but he didn't look back at me, nor did he even tell me why he was so mad.